Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,292

3 members and 3,289 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
  • 08-25-2010, 08:33 PM
    RideRed12
    Rock structures/waterfall in a tub?
    Hello everyone, I need your opinion on whether this would be a good idea for my ball python. I came across this "how-to" on how to make concrete planters. Well I thought that I could make something similar with a water feature (like a small waterfall in the corner) and just some stuff to put fake or real plants in. The only thing is that I would use a sterilite container instead of a terrarium. Any thoughts? If you think this is a good idea, do you know of any good water pumps or plants? Thank you everyone, I always get so much good feedback. : )

Here is the link to the How-to.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Terr...ork-for-frog/#
  • 08-25-2010, 09:23 PM
    RideRed12
    Anyone?
  • 08-25-2010, 09:30 PM
    mpkeelee
    Re: Rock structures/waterfall in a tub?
    u can do whatever u want but the problems are cleaning it, ur snake adapting to it, controlling the husbandry, keeping ur snake safe in there. their are a lot of things to consider. i find that the simplest is the easiest.
  • 08-25-2010, 09:32 PM
    RideRed12
    Safety was my concern too, I would make it so I could pull it out but im worried that if it isnt tight with the tub he may try to go behind the structures and injure himself.
  • 08-25-2010, 10:00 PM
    RideRed12
    Now my other question would be, would this Hydraulic cement be ok for my ball python, and what paint could I use so it would be non toxic?
  • 08-26-2010, 10:28 AM
    mpkeelee
    im not sure about snakes and chemicals, but im pretty sure as long as its dry and had ample time to air out then u should be ok. i really cant stress enough the difficulty of cleaning more intricate displays and the importance of it. husbandry in bigger tubs with this type of setup will be a real pain too. keep a good eye on ur husbandry and ur snake for any kind of health issues.
  • 08-26-2010, 10:33 AM
    anatess
    Looks awesome for a glass tank! I wouldn't mind having one myself.

But using it in a sterilite container is not a good idea, I think. The humidity is going to shoot up too high unless you use a screentop instead of the plastic lid.