Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 946

1 members and 945 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
  • 04-23-2023, 12:53 PM
    lizards_rock
    3D Printing Help for hides & other decor
    This is to everyone who is into 3d printing and reptiles. I was wondering if you could give me a free 3d download for 3d printing my gecko a few things. water bowls, hides, and other decor. I allready looked on places like cults 3d, thingaverse and other 3d printing areas. Thank you
  • 04-24-2023, 02:47 PM
    lizards_rock
    bump! anybody have anything?
  • 04-24-2023, 03:01 PM
    Homebody
    Re: 3D Printing Help for hides & other decor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lizards_rock View Post
    bump! anybody have anything?

This is a very niche request. You will have to be patient, maybe very patient.
  • 04-24-2023, 08:33 PM
    Armiyana
    I know I've seen some people printing things for reptiles on etsy. I don't know if they would sell a copy of the files or not though.
    As someone who also does art of a different kind however, asking for things for free like that may not be taken well if you're unable to find it already listed as such on the usual sites.

Another thing to be cautious with regardless of model. If there are a lot of struts and such is you will need to sand things down after printing and do be careful for any holes. If there's any spaces they can try to squeeze into, they will.
  • 04-24-2023, 11:54 PM
    55fingers
    Check out Thingiverse. As long as you arent selling them for profit and only using them for personal use etc there's tons of free files on there. https://www.thingiverse.com/
  • 04-25-2023, 08:00 AM
    Aspen0122
    Have you tried looking at Thingiverse? Most of the things, if not all, are free to use!! This may help!
    Top link is just Thingiverse and the bottom is for reptile related things!

https://www.thingiverse.com/

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q...&sort=relevant
  • 04-25-2023, 10:47 AM
    Armiyana
    Op said they already checked Thingiverse.
    Though I don't know what exactly they're looking for if nothing there caught the interest
  • 04-25-2023, 06:12 PM
    lizards_rock
    I was looking for decritive rocks, hides, and other things to make my tank look better and for my geckos to climb on and in. thank you all so much.

also, when you all where looking on thingaverse, what did you seach? I know sometimes if you dont type in the exact word and letter it wont come up. is this the case whith thingaverse?
  • 04-25-2023, 11:13 PM
    Armiyana
    I just searched reptile and got hits on tank converters, vents, dishes and decor.
  • 04-26-2023, 08:04 AM
    Aspen0122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lizards_rock View Post
    I was looking for decritive rocks, hides, and other things to make my tank look better and for my geckos to climb on and in. thank you all so much.

also, when you all where looking on thingaverse, what did you seach? I know sometimes if you dont type in the exact word and letter it wont come up. is this the case whith thingaverse?

I just searched "reptile"