Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,324

0 members and 3,324 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
  • 08-26-2011, 07:39 PM
    kevinb
    Hamburg Reptile Show - October 15, 2011
    So I just reserved my hotel for the 14th to the 15th so I can make an all day event at the hamburg. I know its a little bit away but whose all going? Anyone wanna scope out together?
  • 08-26-2011, 09:20 PM
    jason_ladouceur
    Re: Hamburg Reptile Show - October 15, 2011
    i've been wanting to atend this show for as many years as i can remember. but now that i live in a place where hots are prohibited there is just to much temptaion there. :(
  • 08-27-2011, 08:27 AM
    kevinb
    I know what you mean I would love a gaboon or rhino somewhere down the line but my girlfriend said if I ever got one I would be single.....she doesn't like the risk involved.
  • 08-27-2011, 11:42 AM
    jason_ladouceur
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinb View Post
    I know what you mean I would love a gaboon or rhino somewhere down the line but my girlfriend said if I ever got one I would be single.....she doesn't like the risk involved.

ya mine used to say that about all my hots. but she never followed through.
  • 08-27-2011, 11:47 AM
    kevinb
    Well I may eventually get one but ill only have one.
  • 09-13-2011, 02:42 AM
    Solid_Snake
    I went to the last one and I'm definitely going in Oct. I only have one suggestion. Drive a truck down. There's always a great deal on tanks, stands and other supplies. I got a 30B with stand and screen top for $35 so I was glad I drove my SUV down. I also got 2 high gold ball python babies for $25 from a reputable breeder. I also got a number of supplies and after everything I spent less than $150
  • 09-13-2011, 03:11 AM
    buddha1200
    i will be there,been to several always a deal to be had.
  • 09-13-2011, 11:13 AM
    kevinb
    I'm only allowed to get some feeders this time around. I promised no more snakes after I get these two proven males till we move out....oh well that means I can save for a breed female double morph. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
  • 09-13-2011, 11:17 AM
    Inknsteel
    My wife and I might go. We went to the one in June and I was really impressed. We were going to go in August but something came up. We went to the Oaks PA show last month and weren't as impressed with it, although I did pick up a couple new snakes. I'm probably gonna try to ONLY get feeders and feeder supplies this time around. My advice is to have a spare tub or two set up before you go, just in case... ;)
  • 09-13-2011, 11:20 AM
    heathers*bps
    I love Hamburg, just be prepared that its crazy busy there. We might be going, though I'm not positive.
  • 09-13-2011, 12:15 PM
    kevinb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Inknsteel View Post
    My wife and I might go. We went to the one in June and I was really impressed. We were going to go in August but something came up. We went to the Oaks PA show last month and weren't as impressed with it, although I did pick up a couple new snakes. I'm probably gonna try to ONLY get feeders and feeder supplies this time around. My advice is to have a spare tub or two set up before you go, just in case... ;)

when I told my girlfriend last night that I was getting my spider and mojave this month she made me promose to not ask for another snake until we have our own place. I'm supposed to be helping save for our apartment, but really have only been buying snakes and nonsence stuff....so she isn't to pleased. So I will be sticking to my $30-40 a week snake fund. This will cover food and stuff too. Hopefully by the time we move in I can get a multiple gene adult female. Either a bee, pastel lesser, or something along those lines.

• 09-13-2011, 12:35 PM
    ballpythonluvr
    I want to go to this show soooooooooooooo badly! Myabe I can convince my boyfriend this year since my birthday falls on the 16th of October.
  • 09-13-2011, 12:43 PM
    JulieInNJ
    I'm planning to attend...if I have money, lol. It's a 2 hour drive for me, and while I heard it's worth it, I may be tapped out. It would just depress me to go and see all the things I couldn't have! :D
  • 09-13-2011, 01:08 PM
    kevinb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieInNJ View Post
    I'm planning to attend...if I have money, lol. It's a 2 hour drive for me, and while I heard it's worth it, I may be tapped out. It would just depress me to go and see all the things I couldn't have! :D

It depresses me everytime. I've gone 4 times and only walked away with a red ear slider and a albino garter. I hate seeing all the bigger snakes I know I can't have or afford such as rectics and burms. Its a 4.5-5 hour trip for me but its such a good show and amazing atmosphere that I keep going money or not!

• 09-13-2011, 02:49 PM
    Tzeentch
    I've been to about 7 shows, but I had to stop going because every time I went I spent too much money
    Now that I have 8 snakes, there is no room to buy anymore.

I'll prob go to this one, maybe switch my mice to ASFs.
  • 09-13-2011, 02:57 PM
    kevinb
    I was going to get a trio or quad of asf there but I found a local who sells so I can just get from him.

• 09-16-2011, 01:11 AM
    lance
    I;ll be there like I am for every show at hamburg :)

Lance
  • 09-28-2011, 06:11 PM
    EnutButter
    Quote:

I was going to get a trio or quad of asf there but I found a local who sells so I can just get from him.

Which vendor typically has ASF's?
    Thanks!
  • 09-29-2011, 12:12 PM
    kevinb
    I'm not sure. I have never bought feeders down there but there is plenty of live feeders so I assume there is asf.

• 09-29-2011, 12:21 PM
    MarkyMcFly
    I went to the August show, it was nice. Crowded, busy...but well worth it. As the poster said above, I too got the two high golds for 25 bucks. Although, I think high gold is just a term thrown around to make it look fancy lol

I doubt i'll be going to this one, I wanted to but my daughters first birthday is the 13th, so i'l have to skip out on this one. That and the fact that i'm getting an Albino male and HET female today, I doubt my girlfriend would be too happy about going and buying new stuff lol

They have tons of stuff though, well worth it. I've got crested geckos as well, and they had a pretty good selection of those. Along with everything from Caiman to Chinese Quails.
  • 09-29-2011, 12:22 PM
    Inknsteel
    I'm a definite for this show now. I'm thinking I might look for a deal on a spider this time around. I just got my ASF colony going, so I'm hoping to get a good deal on some rodent block too. Dang, my rack is full so I may have to look for another one of those too... Hmmm.... ;)
  • 09-29-2011, 12:54 PM
    jben
    I might go, we'll see.

Sent from my MB501 using Tapatalk
  • 09-29-2011, 01:38 PM
    DemmBalls
    My wife and I will be there. It's about a 7 hour drive for me.
  • 09-29-2011, 01:44 PM
    ZombieTom
    Ill be going, gonna pick up a albino male Ball and maybe a male Hypo.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  • 09-30-2011, 09:47 PM
    kevinb
    So who all wants to meet up and scope with me!? I would really enjoy atleast tagging along for a bit with someone....anyone? :)

• 10-02-2011, 09:18 PM
    meeistom
    I'll be there not vending my own table this time just helping a friend out at his table. Be there about 7:30 am and scope out what the vendors have see what deals I can get before the show. Worked really well last time.
  • 10-04-2011, 08:07 AM
    kevinb
    I'm hoping to show up with my new ride. 2003 vw gti turbo. Hope the bank approves me!

• 10-04-2011, 08:23 AM
    JulieInNJ
    I'm a definite! Hoping to get a little girl mojave!
  • 10-09-2011, 10:44 PM
    sunil02
    Hamburg hotel
    hello dear,

(Alster Hof VCH )This Hamburg hotel is a four-minute walk from the botanical gardens and an eight-minute walk from the Congress Center Hamburg (CCH). The Monkebergstrasse shopping street is 0.9 km (0.6 mi) away

hotel hamburg
  • 10-15-2011, 08:10 AM
    kevinb
    Hamburgs today. Leaving the hotel around 10, so ill be there by 11ish. Probably won't get anything but feeders.....unless I can convince the gf otherwise :). See y'all there!

• 10-15-2011, 02:58 PM
    Jessica Loesch
    Get what you want, it is not her life :) lol
  • 10-15-2011, 05:57 PM
    babyknees
    Please post pics, everyone! I wish I could have made it! I will live vicariously through your pics and pick-ups!
  • 10-15-2011, 07:03 PM
    buddha1200
    just got back pick up a 100% het albino male will post pics of him tomorrow.
    kevin sorry i missed you hope everythings ok,text me anytime you got the number.
  • 10-15-2011, 07:40 PM
    Chris633
    I wish I had been able to make the show today. A couple of time I thought about skipping out on work early so I could drive over. I also must admit that I was a bit lazy and didn't want to do the long drive. And I didn't want to spend more money. And I'm running out of space for more snakes.. lol.. I will make the next White Plains show though.
  • 10-15-2011, 08:23 PM
    jben
    Couldn't go, wife had to work but I hope to see pics.

Sent from my MB501 using Tapatalk
  • 10-16-2011, 05:26 PM
    kevinb
    Hey guys, show was great. I however didn't get any pics because I forgot to charge the camera before we left! grrr!!! Tons of BP vendors, almost walked away with a nice 2011 OG Female, but I only had $250 on me and they wanted $350...Oh well, someday. I was a little disappointed that there were no garters in site, I mean yeah they aren't that popular but they are such cool colubrids. I really wanted a female albino or anery for my male (Herbert) to breed in the future. I didn't even get any feeders, there prices seemed higher than usual, so I just placed an order through RodentPro. Got 40 small rats, 25 weanlings, and 100 hopper mice for my garter. Should last me a while....!
  • 10-16-2011, 08:22 PM
    JohnNJ
    Quote:

I didn't even get any feeders, there prices seemed higher than usual, so I just placed an order through RodentPro. Got 40 small rats, 25 weanlings, and 100 hopper mice for my garter. Should last me a while....!

The prices from RodentPro with shipping was less than the prices at the show? Really?
  • 10-16-2011, 10:01 PM
    Jessica Loesch
    That's awfully hard to believe since usually there is at least one of the big rodent shippers there, with the same prices advertised on their website!

Rodentpro came to our expo here in NE before but not this year :(

You should have haggled on that OG, I see them for 250 all the time.
  • 10-16-2011, 10:37 PM
    Adam Chandler
    Was anyone else surprised on how small and run down the venue was? The vendors were all top rate, best group of vendors I've ever seen. However I felt quality of the venue didn't match.
    Anyone else feel that way?
  • 10-17-2011, 08:16 AM
    kevinb
    I did feel that way also. I loved the show, but people were being REALLY annoying, yes it's a small show and everyone is trying to look in a small space, but I kept getting the "ughhh...." sighs behind me when I stopped to check out a vendor. There were no BIG f/t or even live rat/mice vendors....if you wanted crickets, dubia, mealies/supers, or hornworms then yes there were....just not alot of rats and mice in the size I needed...I got a discount on small rats on RodentPro as well, so it was cheaper..
  • 10-17-2011, 08:18 AM
    kevinb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica Loesch View Post
    That's awfully hard to believe since usually there is at least one of the big rodent shippers there, with the same prices advertised on their website!

Rodentpro came to our expo here in NE before but not this year :(

You should have haggled on that OG, I see them for 250 all the time.

I would have haggled, but the only thing was $250 was ALL I had on me, and I still had a 3.5 hour ride home and a half tank of gas. So I took the lose, oh well there will be more shows and more OG.
  • 10-17-2011, 08:34 AM
    JulieInNJ
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Chandler View Post
    Was anyone else surprised on how small and run down the venue was? The vendors were all top rate, best group of vendors I've ever seen. However I felt quality of the venue didn't match.
    Anyone else feel that way?

I agree. We were there when it first opened and it was nice to have some room. But within an hour it was shoulder to shoulder. It's a shame that the Hamburg show can't change venue locations with Oaks show. The Oaks venue was HUGE compared to the amount of vendors and it was a really nice venue.
  • 10-17-2011, 08:48 AM
    kevinb
    I felt some of the people there shouldn't have come. There were people wheeling strollers around in the mess, a lady with a walker. I don't mean to be mean to those people, but I feel they were slowing down the cyclonic motion of the shows attendees.