Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,164

0 members and 3,164 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 09-13-2011, 12:15 PM
    kevinb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Inknsteel View Post
    My wife and I might go. We went to the one in June and I was really impressed. We were going to go in August but something came up. We went to the Oaks PA show last month and weren't as impressed with it, although I did pick up a couple new snakes. I'm probably gonna try to ONLY get feeders and feeder supplies this time around. My advice is to have a spare tub or two set up before you go, just in case... ;)

when I told my girlfriend last night that I was getting my spider and mojave this month she made me promose to not ask for another snake until we have our own place. I'm supposed to be helping save for our apartment, but really have only been buying snakes and nonsence stuff....so she isn't to pleased. So I will be sticking to my $30-40 a week snake fund. This will cover food and stuff too. Hopefully by the time we move in I can get a multiple gene adult female. Either a bee, pastel lesser, or something along those lines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
  • 09-13-2011, 12:35 PM
    ballpythonluvr
    Re: Hamburg Reptile Show - October 15, 2011
    I want to go to this show soooooooooooooo badly! Myabe I can convince my boyfriend this year since my birthday falls on the 16th of October.
  • 09-13-2011, 12:43 PM
    JulieInNJ
    I'm planning to attend...if I have money, lol. It's a 2 hour drive for me, and while I heard it's worth it, I may be tapped out. It would just depress me to go and see all the things I couldn't have! :D
  • 09-13-2011, 01:08 PM
    kevinb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieInNJ View Post
    I'm planning to attend...if I have money, lol. It's a 2 hour drive for me, and while I heard it's worth it, I may be tapped out. It would just depress me to go and see all the things I couldn't have! :D

It depresses me everytime. I've gone 4 times and only walked away with a red ear slider and a albino garter. I hate seeing all the bigger snakes I know I can't have or afford such as rectics and burms. Its a 4.5-5 hour trip for me but its such a good show and amazing atmosphere that I keep going money or not!

• 09-13-2011, 02:49 PM
    Tzeentch
    I've been to about 7 shows, but I had to stop going because every time I went I spent too much money
    Now that I have 8 snakes, there is no room to buy anymore.

I'll prob go to this one, maybe switch my mice to ASFs.
  • 09-13-2011, 02:57 PM
    kevinb
    I was going to get a trio or quad of asf there but I found a local who sells so I can just get from him.

• 09-16-2011, 01:11 AM
    lance
    I;ll be there like I am for every show at hamburg :)

Lance
  • 09-28-2011, 06:11 PM
    EnutButter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinb View Post
    I was going to get a trio or quad of asf there but I found a local who sells so I can just get from him.

Which vendor typically has ASF's?
    Thanks!
  • 09-29-2011, 12:12 PM
    kevinb
    I'm not sure. I have never bought feeders down there but there is plenty of live feeders so I assume there is asf.

• 09-29-2011, 12:21 PM
    MarkyMcFly
    I went to the August show, it was nice. Crowded, busy...but well worth it. As the poster said above, I too got the two high golds for 25 bucks. Although, I think high gold is just a term thrown around to make it look fancy lol

I doubt i'll be going to this one, I wanted to but my daughters first birthday is the 13th, so i'l have to skip out on this one. That and the fact that i'm getting an Albino male and HET female today, I doubt my girlfriend would be too happy about going and buying new stuff lol

They have tons of stuff though, well worth it. I've got crested geckos as well, and they had a pretty good selection of those. Along with everything from Caiman to Chinese Quails.