Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,508

1 members and 2,507 guests
Eggy,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
  • 09-26-2023, 03:21 PM
    bcr229
    Arkansas teacher, students reproduce endangered snake species in class
  • 09-26-2023, 04:37 PM
    Bogertophis
    Now THAT'S a great educational project! And they've not only reproduced endangered snakes, but changed so many minds about snakes by all this exposure for the students there.

Years back, a pair of my c/b Trans Pecos rat snakes came from a teacher in Maine, who similarly raised snakes & some other creatures in his school classrooms. Not endangered snakes, but still.

I used to know of another school (in So. California) that had a super-extensive collection of reptiles (including some venomous)- I don't know how they managed to get the permits (to do that in a public school), but I seem to recall they took in some animals that Fish & Game had to confiscate. It was so cool to get an inside "tour" there. I hope they're still able to operate, but I have lost touch.
  • 10-01-2023, 02:09 PM
    Zincubus
    Re: Arkansas teacher, students reproduce endangered snake species in class
    My dyslexia kicked in at the wrong time so I read the whole piece thinking they’d bred a ‘dangerous’ species !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 10-01-2023, 03:54 PM
    Bogertophis
    Re: Arkansas teacher, students reproduce endangered snake species in class
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    My dyslexia kicked in at the wrong time so I read the whole piece thinking they’d bred a ‘dangerous’ species !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:D Oh well, now you know. Nobody's perfect.