Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,287

1 members and 3,286 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
  • 05-22-2013, 04:56 AM
    arnau666
    update on my blood- bad shed
    as u know in the previous thread he didnt shed properly . he didnt shed his hole head including eyes. right now i can t post pics from my phone doesnt work. as soon as i can i will post.
    the thing that concers me is that his eyes weren't blury or white and they still look normal . but i am 100% sure he didnt shed the eyes becose the hole head is covered in old skin.
    i hope i can post pics soon and u will see what i am talking about.
    humidity is raised at 80-90% . i tried to rub the skin gently with a paper towel soaked in water , that helped and the skin started to take off but at the point of his eyes i stopped becose i dont want to harm him or stress him more.
    someone told me to put a towel soaked in water in his tube . but i dont understand how- should i put it over him or just put it there in the tube?
    if you know any other method i should use please tell me . i would prefer a method that wouldnt stress him so much or harm him .
    i will come back with pics as soon as i get home at my pc .
    thank you in advance .
  • 05-22-2013, 05:23 AM
    arnau666
    Re: update on my blood- bad shed
  • 05-22-2013, 05:34 AM
    Royal Hijinx
    I would put a few soaked paper towels or a well wrung out wet towel in a tub (with a lid and air holes) and put him in there for a while and let him crawl through it for 20 min or so. This is the method I use for ball pythons and it works great.
  • 05-23-2013, 05:55 AM
    arnau666
    i tried this but it seems that it doesnt work....no changes... the skin its the same
  • 05-23-2013, 09:31 AM
    KMG
    Either continue placing damp towels in the tub or make it a humid hide. After a few days with raised humidity it should come right off.

For my young bloods I have a hide in the back corner of the tub with a pile of cypress mulch in the front of the tub and a bowl large enough for them to soak to the side. I then mist daily in the hide and the mulch. Even with a base layer of newspaper I have great sheds doing this.

What are you using as a substrate in the tub? What type of humidity gauge are you using? Keeping 80-90% humidity should have the stuck shed coming off pretty well. I have a feeling that the humidity is not staying high long enough. I know my tubs don't hold humidity that well and that's why I use the mulch. It boost my humidity and gives them a place to burrow.

For a humid hide I just place moss in the current hides and mist it to the dampness required. Usually during a shed that's daily but during non shed I will dampen it and allow it to dry out and then repeat.
  • 05-23-2013, 09:41 AM
    arnau666
    finally it came off with a little help ! thank you all , i put him in a tube with water and some paper towels .
    after 3 hours it came off .
    in a few days i hope he will eat