Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,284

2 members and 3,282 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Check out these CHICKS

Printable View

• 11-24-2012, 06:04 PM
    RoseyReps
    I know diddley about chickens, but when we went to a "petting" farm a while back (It's a fully functioning farm that allows tours for kids to milk cows / feed goats / play with chickens etc) I fell head over heels for this little black frizzle (i think?) chicken. It was the sweetest little chicken and jumped right up in our arms (all the others were like OMG THEY'RE GONNA EAT ME) I told my husband I WILL have a little frizzle one day! hehe :D I think I read somewhere that the "frizzle" is just a feather mutation, and not a specific locality...but whatever, I must have one!

http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/100_1584.jpg
    http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/100_1585.jpg
  • 11-24-2012, 09:02 PM
    DooLittle
    Frizzles are cool, they have a ton of personality. I have heard of people letting them indoors as pets. I couldn't imagine that though, with the poo...

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
  • 11-24-2012, 09:28 PM
    RoseyReps
    Re: Check out these CHICKS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDooLittle View Post
    Frizzles are cool, they have a ton of personality. I have heard of people letting them indoors as pets. I couldn't imagine that though, with the poo...

Yea...I'm not too sure about all that...I was thinking a nice little coop :D

THEY'RE SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIEEE!!! Seriously though...they're like puffballs with legs.
  • 11-25-2012, 12:28 AM
    ChrisS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDooLittle View Post
    Ok, I'm going with ameruacana. The black in the wings looks like ours, as well as the small comb. Did you keep that one, or not?

Yea I think it's an EE too (not a true Ameraucana). The small comb is what throws me as to whether is a roo or hen. I thought roo for sure but I'm having second thoughts. Yes we kept it until we know for sure it's a roo.
  • 11-25-2012, 12:41 AM
    ChrisS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseyReps View Post
    Yea...I'm not too sure about all that...I was thinking a nice little coop :D

THEY'RE SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIEEE!!! Seriously though...they're like puffballs with legs.

I think chickens are probably the best pet ever. They have great personalities, they are very easy to care for, and give you yummy fresh eggs. EEs have great temperament and are very quirky, plus they lay about an egg a day or so. Frizzles can be any breed ( it is a recessive mutation) but usually it's bred into bantams for show not for production. Either way if you have any questions please ask. I love talking about chickens.
  • 11-25-2012, 07:19 PM
    Mike41793
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    I think chickens are probably the best pet ever.

Get a GSD, that'll change your mind. ;)
  • 11-25-2012, 07:30 PM
    ChrisS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Get a GSD, that'll change your mind. ;)

I'd agree except dogs don't lay eggs, get a few hens and you'll see what I mean.
  • 12-18-2012, 08:23 PM
    ChrisS
    Re: Check out these CHICKS
    Well the one little chick that I wasn't sure what it was got killed. So, guess I'll never know for sure.
  • 12-18-2012, 08:26 PM
    toyota89
    How?

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 2
  • 12-18-2012, 08:48 PM
    ChrisS
    Probably a raccoon, we have a lot around.