Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,834

4 members and 2,830 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
  • 12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
    Patrick Long
    Big Breeders Pushing Their Weight
    So I was thinking about all these shows that happen around the US. They are in FL TX, and tons of other states, but very very few in California.

As big name breeders, can you guys "ban" together and make shows happen in CA? I mean what does it take for shows to happen in Daytona every year, or Austin every year.

Is there a way to get more shows in CA period? Even if its not Big timers pushing it. I mean who would they push it too? Just a thought/rant

questions? answers? comments?
  • 12-03-2007, 06:03 PM
    Patrick Long
    Re: Big Breeders Pushing Their Weight
    maybe petitions? Is there even a market here in Cali?
  • 12-03-2007, 06:07 PM
    elevatethis
    *cough http://www.narbc.com cough*
  • 12-03-2007, 06:09 PM
    ADEE
    how bout' South Florida ;) Daytona is a bit far and the "alternative pet show" is a bit of a joke if you ask me.. i could fit that show in my living room.
  • 12-03-2007, 06:10 PM
    Patrick Long
    yeah ive been to the anahiem show, but that thing gets cancled almost every other year. there was supposed to be one in san diego too this month, that got cancled.
  • 12-03-2007, 06:23 PM
    dalvers63
    Hey, you're better off than we are in Washington. We get one show a year, and that's it. Mostly just local breeders, too.

I've gotten used to it and do most of my shopping online. Though I love going to shows, I just don't see any happening in this area anytime soon.
  • 12-03-2007, 08:44 PM
    PythonChick
    Yea, there aren't many shows around here in NC, just the one that comes twice a year. It is nice but pretty small, and lacks the diversity of ball morphs I would like to see.
  • 12-03-2007, 08:45 PM
    Patrick Long
    yeah when i was a kid there was one that came around that was a bird and reptile show, and that one was pretty rockin, of course i cant remember the orgs name cuase i was a child, but it was amazing.
  • 12-03-2007, 09:18 PM
    Aric
    There are absolutely no shows in TN, there is enough interest for there to be one but it will probably never happen here. The laws here are written weird and by the law alot of common species ie. cornsnakes, milks, kings, etc... are technically illegal to own.:(
  • 12-03-2007, 10:03 PM
    rabernet
    We have the same laws in GA, but we're starting to get more shows - even though I haven't been able to go to many.

Dixie Reptile show in AL is in a good location that while the show may not be much - it's fun to get members together for a weekend getaway. I think we're planning the next one for April - maybe you can come, Aric?