Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 942

1 members and 941 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,202
Threads: 248,614
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, CUGrad99
  • 04-30-2009, 06:14 PM
    Denial
    Re: what do you keep your ASF's in
  • 04-30-2009, 10:48 PM
    Mike Cavanaugh
    you keep them outside?
  • 05-01-2009, 12:00 PM
    littleindiangirl
    Quick update, still keeping mine in sterilite tubs, still no chew outs, still holding up perfectly!

Although, the more and more I get every week, the more I really want a reasonable rack system for these guys! Hahaha, folks, don't give them wheels, they'll be addicted forever!!! :8: (and weaning them off of wheels is one heck of a rodeo)
  • 05-01-2009, 10:42 PM
    Mike Cavanaugh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    Quick update, still keeping mine in sterilite tubs, still no chew outs, still holding up perfectly!

Although, the more and more I get every week, the more I really want a reasonable rack system for these guys! Hahaha, folks, don't give them wheels, they'll be addicted forever!!! :8: (and weaning them off of wheels is one heck of a rodeo)

LOL excellent advice. I finally got tired of all the erratic behavior when I removed the wheel so I fed ALL of my breeding groups up and replaced them with babies that had never seen a wheel before. Now everything is peaceful again.

They really should do a study on how ASF's get pissed off and show it. It really is remarkable.
  • 05-02-2009, 03:26 PM
    Denial
    lol no they are kept inside This pic is when I got the rack and it needed a really good wash off so we took it out back and rinsed it with the hose
  • 11-10-2009, 12:27 AM
    euphuistical
    I got a custom made 9 tub rack. Its made out of wood, and actually the breeders I buy all my rodents from built it for me (its a great rack, has gravity feed, such a great time saver) and I keep my breeding colonies in that. And I have a big rubbermaid tub for my grow outs (can hold 50+ tops, but I usually only have 25 or so in there at any one time, especially since with all the babies I've gotten recently).
  • 11-23-2009, 06:02 PM
    zombieon3rd
    I built a rack with Concrete mixing tubs. So far no problems.:salute:
  • 11-23-2009, 06:58 PM
    Haydenphoto
  • 06-29-2011, 02:27 AM
    EchoPyrex
    The Freezer