Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,175

4 members and 2,171 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,156
Threads: 248,597
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lucasthesurf

Liasis Fucus/Water Python

Printable View

• 02-25-2018, 04:30 PM
    Sunnieskys
    Wow, that little noodle is not a little noodle anymore! What are they eating these days?
  • 02-26-2018, 01:55 PM
    Prognathodon
    Re: Liasis Fucus/Water Python
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunnieskys View Post
    Wow, that little noodle is not a little noodle anymore! What are they eating these days?

Yeah, kinda snuck up on me, too! I need to bring the scale up and check weights on the bedroom snakes. Kajura’s getting small mice once a week. They probably could take mediums/rat pups, but I don’t want to push growth too fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • 03-16-2018, 11:15 AM
    Prognathodon
    Kajura is such a good baby! (Adolescent, whatever...). Anybody that tells you that water pythons are cranky bitey jerks needs to come meet my Kajura! Nippy as a tiny baby, but most snakes are. K does have a yellow belly, which are supposed to be calmer than white bellies, but still.

Anyway, Kajura shed Wednesday, and it was patchy. I re-filled the big water bowl so they could soak, and checked again last night - still a bunch of shed left (eyes were clear and I got the little bit left on the tail tip on Wednesday), so onward with the damp washcloth. Not so effective, damp human skin worked a lot better. Eventually we got it all off, and all Kajura tried to do was go elsewhere - no grumping at all. Kajura’s reward was a mouse. I opened the bin it was in, let K grab it and coil, then cleaned up little bits of shed while the f/t mouse was being well and truly constricted. Picked the ball of snake & mouse up, put back in the enclosure, and that was it.

• 03-16-2018, 11:59 AM
    Alter-Echo
    Nice to see another water python keeper on here, it seems we are a rare breed. Lol

I find mine, Persephone, to be a very intelligent and curious snake. She was very bitey as a baby, but as she got older she became sweet as honey as long as she is handled in a calm and respectful manner. She can be cage defensive, but once She's out she's fine.
  • 03-16-2018, 04:37 PM
    Prognathodon
    Mine is very curious, too - the enclosure is in my bedroom, and most evenings and often other times of day when I’m in the room they’re at the front of the enclosure watching what’s going on. If I startle them they’ll can be a bit defensive, but once K realizes it’s me there’s no problem.

• 03-17-2018, 04:44 PM
    Prognathodon
    A picture of Kajura nice and stretched out the other night.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...888627d58b.jpg