Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,235

3 members and 3,232 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Btripp08 (38)

» Stats

Members: 75,151
Threads: 248,592
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lunarlily28

My New Baby Corn

Printable View

• 03-21-2019, 04:49 PM
    Bogertophis
    You can pretty much count on corn & other rat snakes to be "nosy"...always alert & interested, unless in shed. I believe their vision is better than many other
    kinds of snakes too...at least they seem to rely more on vision, & it makes sense, because they're active hunters, not so much ambush-predators.
  • 03-21-2019, 06:31 PM
    Jellybeans
    Re: My New Baby Corn
    This may be a dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyway.
    If I wanted to take a quick picture of my corn snake and my python beside each other real quick will there be any issues with that? I mean you know nobody's going to try to mess with the other one are they?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  • 03-21-2019, 06:55 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
    This may be a dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyway.
    If I wanted to take a quick picture of my corn snake and my python beside each other real quick will there be any issues with that? I mean you know nobody's going to try to mess with the other one are they?

There's no guarantee...so I wouldn't. While an adverse reaction is very unlikely, you never know. I once had a beautiful pair of amel. black rat snakes that were ready
    to breed (well fed & not for the first time breeding either) & they seemed fine together; I left the room briefly & when I came back, the male was SWALLOWING the
    female! She was dead & could not be revived. To say I was shocked is an understatement. It made no sense. So with such a size difference, any miss-steps with
    yours won't end well. One way you "could" do it is with them side by side but with something between them (like a window screen, viewed from above would not be
    intrusive).
  • 03-21-2019, 07:16 PM
    mikemooch
    Corns are cool! I'd love one but since i've had my BP for a week I think it'll be a tough sell with my wife. lol Good luck!
  • 03-21-2019, 11:53 PM
    Jellybeans
    Little piss-ant vibrated her tail against her plastic hide when I was checking on her. lol !!!...sounded like a bee buzzing around in circles on the ground.
    And then thought she would try a quick escape while I had the lid off. Boy is she quick and full of herself tonight !

• 03-22-2019, 12:31 AM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
    Little piss-ant vibrated her tail against her plastic hide when I was checking on her. lol !!!...sounded like a bee buzzing around in circles on the ground.
    And then thought she would try a quick escape while I had the lid off. Boy is she quick and full of herself tonight !

Sounds really terrifying! :rofl: When you're that little, you'd better have some tricks up your sleeve. You can't blame her for being scared.
  • 03-22-2019, 07:52 PM
    Jellybeans
    Did my normal morning check on the snakes . She let me stroke along her back and then I took the opportunity to scoop her up for a moment. Very chill.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...756bbee1fd.jpg

• 03-22-2019, 08:11 PM
    Bogertophis
    Very beautiful! :bow:
  • 03-25-2019, 07:44 PM
    Jellybeans
    The store where I buy my Frozen thawed snake meals has small and large mice pinkies.
    I bought my baby corn snake whose name is now Cheesecake, a large pinky this time because the small one she ate last week didn't even leave a bulge in her belly.
    She struck it like a killer ate it fast. She swallows her meal much much quicker than my ball python does. He's kinda slow motion and she's fast forward!

• 03-25-2019, 07:51 PM
    Bogertophis
    :snake: Colubrid motto: If you snooze, you lose! :D