Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,336

0 members and 1,336 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Btripp08 (38)

» Stats

Members: 75,150
Threads: 248,591
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Dbook

Roll Call for Ohioans

Printable View

• 08-23-2010, 07:35 PM
    alohareptiles
    Re: Roll Call for Ohioans
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloryhound View Post
    If you are in Westerville, OH you should have it made as long as you hit the shows early. You have 2 shows a week you could make. One being the Columbus show and the other being about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away in Cleveland. The Columbus show looked like it had more in the way of feeders than Cleveland. Both shows are attended by Rodent Pro, so FT should not be a problem. We breed our own, but we are at the tipping point that we need to build and wire an outdoor shed as they have out grown their planned room. Just not sure if we want to expand that much more. If we do, it will become an actual revenue portion of our business.

Oh, I'll be hitting the shows...Hopefully, they'll be better than the smaller shows I've been too...Granted Tinley makes it all worth living in Illy... LOL
  • 08-24-2010, 09:31 AM
    catawhat75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by alohareptiles View Post
    LOL...I live in a Wisteria Lane subdivision now...and LOVE walking my pitbull around all the cockapoos and other Paris-Dogs...So that won't be a problem...LOL

Is there a decent amount of houses for rent out there? And about how much is rent if you don't mind my asking? Feel free to PM me with the details if you like...I'm not gonna buy this time cause I can't guarantee how long I'll be there...

Lots of houses for rent. I see them going for anywhere from 1000 a month on up to 3500 on average. You might be able to find a smaller house on the edge of Westerville for 800.
  • 08-24-2010, 02:55 PM
    alohareptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by catawhat75 View Post
    Lots of houses for rent. I see them going for anywhere from 1000 a month on up to 3500 on average. You might be able to find a smaller house on the edge of Westerville for 800.

Thank you so much...We'll see what happens in the next couple of months but I'm hoping for a sunnier state...:please::please::please:
  • 09-15-2010, 11:45 AM
    DC Reptiles
    I'm from Cincy!
  • 11-20-2010, 01:47 AM
    BuckeyeBalls
    Anyone going to show?

Looking to pick up something new haha xD
  • 11-20-2010, 02:58 PM
    AGoldReptiles
    Im from the hills of Ohio. :)
  • 12-02-2010, 12:33 PM
    viper14
    Hello,
    Is anyone Planning on Going to the Reptile show on January 9, 2011 in Cincinnati, Ohio
    They are holding it at the Holiday Inn Eastgate
    I will be front and Center!! Anybody else??
  • 12-08-2010, 09:21 AM
    alohareptiles
    Well, it's official I'm moving to the Westerville area or there abouts...Please help with suggestions and guidance for school districts, good rentals and reptile shows...
  • 12-08-2010, 11:29 AM
    Wh00h0069
    Quote:

Originally Posted by viper14 View Post
    Hello,
    Is anyone Planning on Going to the Reptile show on January 9, 2011 in Cincinnati, Ohio
    They are holding it at the Holiday Inn Eastgate
    I will be front and Center!! Anybody else??

I didn't know they had one on Cinci. I doubt that I will go though. I'm not much of a reptile show person. I wonder if Rodent Pro is going to be there.
  • 12-09-2010, 11:27 PM
    catawhat75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by alohareptiles View Post
    Well, it's official I'm moving to the Westerville area or there abouts...Please help with suggestions and guidance for school districts, good rentals and reptile shows...

I would go for Westerville schools, although Olentangy (Lewis Center) & Worthington are close by and good districts as well. Stay away from Columbus schools, they suck. I have lived here my whole life so whatever you need to know, feel free to ask me. Our local show is ok, nothing to write home about. Rats are really hard to find the last year or so. I do have a rat person that I pick up from a couple times a month with healthy, quality rats. More than happy to pass along her info.

As for housing, what are you looking for? House or apartment? What price range? What pets do you have? I have a client who has her home up for rent and a friend who also has one for rent.