Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,888

2 members and 1,886 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles

Enclosure for Boa

Printable View

• 01-30-2018, 05:51 PM
    svtvenom
    Is the probe placed inside the enclosure?
  • 01-30-2018, 05:52 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Re: Enclosure for Boa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by svtvenom View Post
    Is the probe placed inside the enclosure?

hi! here's a diagram :) i hope this helps!

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...9edbeefb34.jpg
  • 01-30-2018, 07:18 PM
    svtvenom
    Thank you that helps alot! Is it ok to use a temp gun instead of a thermometer? Is the VE-300 a good one to buy?
  • 01-30-2018, 07:29 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Quote:

Thank you that helps alot! Is it ok to use a temp gun instead of a thermometer? Is the VE-300 a good one to buy?

yes, and yes. be sure to check periodically with the temp gun. [emoji3]
  • 01-30-2018, 09:15 PM
    svtvenom
    So I’m holding him now and it seems his scales are doing it more. It feels like they’re dry should I soak him in warm water in the tub?
  • 01-30-2018, 09:28 PM
    CALM Pythons
    Quote:

So I’m holding him now and it seems his scales are doing it more. It feels like they’re dry should I soak him in warm water in the tub?

I wouldn't soak him. I do let mine swim every couple weeks but they enjoy it for 5 min then come out on there own when ready... Snakes scales get dry and even raise a bit towards shed time as the skin gets wrinkly.
  • 01-30-2018, 09:35 PM
    svtvenom
    Okay I panicked and put him in tub with a little lukewarm water and he’s just staying in the same spot. Do you think he’s enjoying it? He’s was trying to get out in be beginning but now he’s calm.
  • 01-30-2018, 09:52 PM
    svtvenom
    So I took him out of the bathtub and put him back in his cage and he goes and sits in the water bowl, which he’s never done. Lol it’s like he didn’t know what water is.
  • 01-30-2018, 10:06 PM
    CALM Pythons
    Quote:

Okay I panicked and put him in tub with a little lukewarm water and he’s just staying in the same spot. Do you think he’s enjoying it? He’s was trying to get out in be beginning but now he’s calm.

Lmbo... You cant Panic you have to stay calm to make good decisions. Things you think may be wrong might actually be normal so you cant react without getting good info etc... The bath isn't going to hurt him but sitting still is probably a sign of him being nervous. Remember these snakes live in & survive Nature.... We need to provide the correct environment to endure they get what they need but dont think they are falling apart from some dry scales :)
  • 01-30-2018, 10:25 PM
    Sauzo
    Quote:

Honestly for the extra cash, i would just order a Herpstat 2. I'm not sure about VE ones but I know Herpstats come with a mechanical safety relay as well as a user set hi and low temp threshhold limit. The whole reason you want t-stats is for the safety incase of a runaway heat source. And a t-stat is something you dont want to skimp on. The only thing more important is the snake itself lol.