Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,491

1 members and 2,490 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,151
Threads: 248,593
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lunarlily28
  • 06-03-2022, 05:27 PM
    Lizrd_boy
    Re: Help, my baby leopard gecko is missing
    I have 2 cats, but luckily they were outside during the escape. I'm pretty sure he's in my room, but I don't know where. But really, he could be anywhere in the house. I guess I'll just close my room off so he can't get out if he's in there and hopefully he'll come out tonight. If I don't see him, I'll check elsewhere more thoroughly.

But there's so many places he could be! Seriously, when Lenetta was like 1 1/2 years old, I let her roam around my room and lost track of her. I looked everywhere I could think of, and finally found her because of the sound of her claws gripping the wood inside my dresser. Somehow she climbed up inside it. That's the first place I looked this time lol. They can get almost anywhere and I don't even know where to start besides my room.
  • 06-03-2022, 05:39 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizrd_boy View Post
    I have 2 cats, but luckily they were outside during the escape. I'm pretty sure he's in my room, but I don't know where. But really, he could be anywhere in the house. I guess I'll just close my room off so he can't get out if he's in there and hopefully he'll come out tonight. If I don't see him, I'll check elsewhere more thoroughly.

But there's so many places he could be! Seriously, when Lenetta was like 1 1/2 years old, I let her roam around my room and lost track of her. I looked everywhere I could think of, and finally found her because of the sound of her claws gripping the wood inside my dresser. Somehow she climbed up inside it. That's the first place I looked this time lol. They can get almost anywhere and I don't even know where to start besides my room.

That reminds me of the time I had my large boa (BCI) out on my bed while I was doing laundry- going back & forth to my laundry room, & coming back quickly to fold stuff. She sat there quietly watching me the whole time until I was away a couple minutes longer- when I came back, I had no trouble finding her- she went right into my dresser drawer that I'd left open- and when I told her she couldn't stay there, she gave me the biggest hisssssssss! :rofl: (I forgave her- & took her out anyway-she was a big marshmallow.) It's as if they KNOW when you're not looking though.

Also- in a previous house, I had a spare fairly empty (snake-safe) room & I used to let a snake roam (one at a time) for an hour or several hours for exercise. One of my creative Trans Pecos rat snakes hid very well from me- I found him VERTICALLY inside a coat in the closet, hanging on with only his tail tip poking out thru a buttonhole. Seriously, it doesn't get any better...:cool: Silly sneks!
  • 06-04-2022, 08:38 AM
    Lizrd_boy
    I stayed up until 10 last night checking occasionally with a flashlight... nothing. :(
  • 06-04-2022, 08:50 AM
    Homebody
    Quote:

I stayed up until 10 last night checking occasionally with a flashlight... nothing. :(

Sorry to hear that. Hang in there.
  • 06-04-2022, 10:28 AM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Sorry...keep trying, lizards & snakes are EXPERTS at hide-n-seek. Good luck, it can take a while- don't give up.
  • 06-04-2022, 11:56 AM
    Lizrd_boy
    Thanks, and I won't.
  • 06-06-2022, 09:39 AM
    Lizrd_boy
    I found him! Last night he was somehow in the bathroom. My guess is he got out before I even noticed he was missing. He is back in his enclosure, safe and sound. last night he also ate like 5 crickets and 3 waxworms, so he's definately eating well.
  • 06-06-2022, 09:41 AM
    Bogertophis
    Congratulations! I'm so happy you found him & that he's safe now & alright from his "big adventure", whew! :dance:
  • 06-06-2022, 09:54 AM
    Homebody
    Quote:

I found him! Last night he was somehow in the bathroom. My guess is he got out before I even noticed he was missing. He is back in his enclosure, safe and sound. last night he also ate like 5 crickets and 3 waxworms, so he's definately eating well.

So pleased to hear it. Thanks for letting us know.