Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,581

3 members and 2,578 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,151
Threads: 248,593
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lunarlily28

Need help deciding-

Printable View

• 06-21-2008, 03:35 PM
    CeraDigital
    Re: Need help deciding-
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ZinniaZ View Post
    What are the criteria for the contest and who will be judging? You'd maybe choose something different for a pro photog judging panel than for public vote type thing, right?

There is going to be a lot of professionals entering, and it will be judged by experienced professionals. The winners getting sponsored by a couple big camera companies, and they're going to win an FJ Westcott studio set.
  • 06-21-2008, 04:15 PM
    Broseph
    I like number three the best, it's a great picture with nothing else going on in the picture, just the ladybug.
  • 06-21-2008, 06:57 PM
    CeraDigital
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ADEE View Post
    #1.. it looks most natural, the lady bug is awesome but there is almost a circle on its back that looks like a flash was used and you can see your body in the shadow lol.

well done!!!

My body isn't in the shadow, yo ;) That's just the groove on the shell, and the ring from the flash.
  • 06-21-2008, 07:07 PM
    blackcrystal22
    I'm going to be slightly harsh to a fellow photographer.

To be honest, the lady bug is not all that special to me. Personally, all I see in photography nowadays is ladybugs, ladybugs, butterflies, and more ladybugs.

I'm kinda sick of it I suppose?
    It's a very nice picture, and would probably do you good with the public however.

I find the slug picture fantastic. The detail and quality is amazing and I think you should put that one into a contest, as it will be a bit of a different approach to things.

Also, do you yourself have a deviantArt?
  • 06-21-2008, 07:58 PM
    CeraDigital
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcrystal22 View Post
    I'm going to be slightly harsh to a fellow photographer.

To be honest, the lady bug is not all that special to me. Personally, all I see in photography nowadays is ladybugs, ladybugs, butterflies, and more ladybugs.

I'm kinda sick of it I suppose?
    It's a very nice picture, and would probably do you good with the public however.

I find the slug picture fantastic. The detail and quality is amazing and I think you should put that one into a contest, as it will be a bit of a different approach to things.

Also, do you yourself have a deviantArt?

The whole Butterfly and Ladybug deal is due to the fact that, at a time, they were difficult to photograph and catch every detail. With improved technology, it's easier. That and they do have a high amount of contrast and color, which, even out of focus will catch an average joe's eye :)

I don't have a deviantArt account, but have thought about it. Any positives and negatives to it?
  • 06-24-2008, 07:03 PM
    Schlyne
    I got some feedback and some interesting comments on my deviantart account. I haven't used mine in a while. They also have a service in which you can sell prints. There are also a bunch of contests held in various areas. I can't recall what's in the stipulations for images, but since I see you have an act in your sig, you've read that already.
  • 06-25-2008, 01:44 PM
    STORMS
    They are all GREAT! But #3 is so crisp & clear and ladybugs ROCK!
    I say 3!
  • 06-25-2008, 09:46 PM
    starmom
    I voted for number 2. Ladybugs are boring and easily photographed. Your photo of the leopard slug is superb :gj:
  • 06-27-2008, 02:11 AM
    TanyaL
    I like the ladybug but as other have said...you see a lot of them.

Also, if you apply the rule of thirds, I wonder if that would give any/all of them more interest.