Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,809

2 members and 1,807 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,195
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Hot-Rod1088
  • 10-30-2012, 01:18 PM
    TJ_Burton
    Tasmanian Devil.

Nuff said.
  • 10-30-2012, 02:20 PM
    spasticbeast
    I suppose the animal I fear the most is man. We are capable of more terrifying acts than any other part of the wild kingdom. Chimpanzees would be a close second. I have seen the aftermath of a chimp attack, and they go for the most valuable and vulnerable body parts.
  • 10-30-2012, 11:35 PM
    Argentra
    As for actual FEAR - I am fully phobic of bees/wasps/hornets. Doesn't matter if it's a picture online (thanks a lot, dude, that pic freaked me out :)), my anxiety shoots through the roof. If it's a real one near me, I either shrink away crying, freeze in total fear, or scream quite loudly and run away from it.
    I used to be arachnophobic as well (i.e. I reacted to all spiders the same as above), but since working with tarantulas at the zoo I've calmed down quite a bit. Really large (tarantulas) and really tiny spiders don't bother me anymore...but anything in between still freaks me out. :)

Other than that, I have a strong dislike for roaches, flies, mosquitos (they think I'm a feast), and other pest insects. I actually really like mantises, ladybugs, many beetles, stick bugs and other such cool and harmless bugs.

I adore most other creatures. :D I like rodents and have owned most ownable ones, I think all sea creatures are fascinating and/or gorgeous, all reptiles are awesome (I just have great respect for the dangerous and deadly ones that keeps me away from them), birds are cool (and yes, I have been bitten by a macaw)...animals in general are just amazing. :D And horses are one of my favorite mammals. Much like a previous poster, I can understand their language quite easily. Actually, I understand most animal 'languages' readily. Go figure, I'm a total animal nut and magnet.

Humans now... I'll simply never understand them well, beyond what I know of body language through being an actress. Humans unnerve me, and even irritate me - the more unruly and disrespectful the more irritated I get. Hence my general dislike of children and infants. I guess that's just the way I'm wired...
  • 10-30-2012, 11:52 PM
    HaikyFin
    Re: are there any animals you dont like or are fearful of?
    Only animal I am truly fearful of is sharks - namely the Great White. When I see a picture of one or one on T.V I get nauseous and if I keep watching it, I'll start to shiver. It's horrible, especially because there seems to be images everywhere. I was looking at posters in a shop at a theme park once and BOOM Great White poster. I don't freak out but it really, really bothers me.

However! Sharks are AWESOME animals - really beautiful! Simply, the Great White scares me. I would never want them killed and I want to see one in real life one day. There is an aquarium in Florida (I think) who has a Great White program for research. Whenever they get another one, I intend to go down and see it...

But HUGE salt water crocs? Love 'em! xDDD
  • 10-31-2012, 12:31 AM
    HypoPita
    My skin would crawl if I had a T on me, but I'm not afraid of them in general. Thats the only animal that I dont really care for up close. Well maggots too..but you get my point.
  • 10-31-2012, 10:03 PM
    Sarin
    Centipedes.

That is all.