Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,340

1 members and 2,339 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,151
Threads: 248,593
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lunarlily28
  • 05-17-2022, 06:43 PM
    Erie_herps
    Rex is also what I named one of my crested geckos, lol, I guess it's a good name for reptiles. The water could just be gone from evaporation, since leopard geckos don't drink a lot. As long as he has access to water most of the time it will be fine.
  • 05-17-2022, 06:47 PM
    Lizrd_boy
    Re: Leopard gecko breeding questions
    I named him that because I love Jurrassic park and Jurrassic world. Delta and echo were also names I seriously considered.
  • 05-17-2022, 06:50 PM
    Erie_herps
    You should have more babies coming so you could use all of them. :D
  • 05-17-2022, 07:06 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Erie_herps View Post
    You should have more babies coming so you could use all of them. :D

:rofl:That's for sure!
  • 05-18-2022, 04:45 PM
    Lizrd_boy
    So I just was checking on Rex and he didn't move when he saw me like he normally does, and his eyes were open. I think he was asleep, but I've never seen a leopard do that before- sleep with his eyes open. Is this normal? I did clean his enclosure this morning so I guess it could be stress? I don't really check on my geckos much during the day so I guess they could do it sometimes when I'm not looking.
  • 05-18-2022, 05:12 PM
    Bogertophis
    Maybe he's meditating? ;) :D (I've only had one leo & don't recall any sleeping with eyes wide open.)
  • 05-23-2022, 10:11 AM
    Lizrd_boy
    So the egg hatched but the hatchling is small and has a large yolk sac still. I don't think he was ready. For now I put him on moist paper towels in the incubator. Is the yolk sac just yolk or organs, too? What do I do?
  • 05-23-2022, 10:58 AM
    Homebody
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizrd_boy View Post
    So the egg hatched but the hatchling is small and has a large yolk sac still. I don't think he was ready. For now I put him on moist paper towels in the incubator. Is the yolk sac just yolk or organs, too? What do I do?

Can you post a pic?
  • 05-23-2022, 11:15 AM
    Lizrd_boy
    Sure. He was screaming a little at first but has a lot less strength https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/sho...hp?i=60997&c=3
  • 05-23-2022, 11:21 AM
    Erie_herps
    Some of my geckos will sit in the same spot with their eyes open. I don't know if they are sleeping or what but it's not super uncommon. I think the baby is fine. Just let it be and avoid letting the towels dry out.