Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,554

0 members and 2,554 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,175
Threads: 248,602
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, LouveniaEl
  • 07-31-2006, 09:12 AM
    JPost
    Re: Just a little info on Pitbulls
  • 07-31-2006, 09:30 AM
    alexrls
    personally i think that bashing human beings is not the way to give dogs a better name
  • 08-01-2006, 04:20 PM
    Mina
    I have two male pit bulls. Both are very sweet, loving and gentle. However, they are expected to follow the rules. I treat my boys with a lot of discipline and a lot of love. They have both completed dog training, and they are not allowed to disobey an order from a human. I see to it that they are never unsupervised when they are outside, and that they do not encounter strange dogs or strange humans unless they are monitored by myself or my husband. I believe that a dog reacts to the way it is treated. I treat my boys well, they behave.
  • 08-01-2006, 05:19 PM
    alexrls
    funnily enough yesterday i met an 80 pound "red doberman" that was a former showdog. it comes up to around my waist and as i walked into the room and my eyes focused on it i had a moment of total panic. then after he was done sniffing me he became really friendly and i even wrestled with him a bit. it was sooooo cool.
  • 08-03-2006, 10:18 AM
    rottnpagan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by alexrls
    funnily enough yesterday i met an 80 pound "red doberman" that was a former showdog. it comes up to around my waist and as i walked into the room and my eyes focused on it i had a moment of total panic. then after he was done sniffing me he became really friendly and i even wrestled with him a bit. it was sooooo cool.

Awww dobe love! I prefer the 'blue' over the 'red' myself. But shall eventually own a black and tan, one of these days!
  • 08-09-2006, 01:03 AM
    jessie_k_pythons
    I have always had Pitts and Rotties my whole life and have never had problem 1 with them, and most were rescues. Still being a resident of CA Im hoping to pack up for a week long trip to CA and vote no on PROP SB861, I'm still looking in to everything this prop has to say and all of it's details. but for all I know I might have missed the voteing on it. I just hope it wont pass. Here on Ft. Gordon your not alowed to live on post if you have a Pit, and if you do have one and military houseing finds out, you have one of 2 options (sp?) Get off post and buy or rent a home, or have the dog put down. it almost makes me sick.
  • 08-20-2006, 02:36 AM
    sweety314
    Yaaaaaaay, I got it right!!! :carrot:

My poll choice isn't there, either. :(

There's good and bad bloodlines of every breed of animal, even tho' different breeds have different tendancies towards certain behaviours, just like body type.

My 1/2 sister's husband has a couple of red nosed females. Lovingest, dumb slobber machines you'll ever find. Prob is, Honeychild is still such a puppy, and sooooooooooo big, she'll pound U to death w/her tail and chews up almost anything. Honey has a kennel, but they live in the house w/the family.

Would I own one? Yeah, I could if I had the yard and time for discipline & play. But I'd also looooove to have a dalmatian, or another black lab. I really miss our Aussie and our Aussie/B Collie/Dingo cross Rag-a-Muffin was the smartest dog I've ever owned. I'd own one, but it wouldn't be my first choice....but then if I am going to adopt a dog, it depends on the dog's personality, too.