Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,161

2 members and 1,159 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Jcd5v (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,178
Threads: 248,608
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, turntechgodhead
  • 01-22-2009, 01:15 AM
    joepythons
    I think my piranha is retarded
    Well i have a piranha about the size of my hand that keeps running head on into the sides of the tank :weirdface.He allready gashed the one side of himself(nothing sharp in the tank) when i first got him 2 weeks ago.He is afraid of medium sized goldfish but chases small ones.Does anyone else have a loony bird piranha:rolleye2:? I have had numerous piranhas over the years but nothing like this fruitcake :rofl:
  • 01-22-2009, 02:32 AM
    Mischke
    Re: I think my piranha is retarded
    I have an oscar that runs into the side of the tank when the lights first go on. I’ve figured out that he/she is fighting his/her reflection; this may be the case with your piranha.
  • 01-22-2009, 02:43 AM
    iCandiBallPythons
    Quote:

Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
    Well i have a piranha about the size of my hand that keeps running head on into the sides of the tank :weirdface.He allready gashed the one side of himself(nothing sharp in the tank) when i first got him 2 weeks ago.He is afraid of medium sized goldfish but chases small ones.Does anyone else have a loony bird piranha:rolleye2:? I have had numerous piranhas over the years but nothing like this fruitcake :rofl:

This reminds me of that windex commercial with the 2 birds sitting outside the house and the lady is cleaning the sliding door with the windex, they swoop down and smash into the door :D
    Seriously though have you tried putting something opaque on the sides of the tank like black construction paper etc.?
  • 01-22-2009, 10:31 AM
    joepythons
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mischke View Post
    I have an oscar that runs into the side of the tank when the lights first go on. I’ve figured out that he/she is fighting his/her reflection; this may be the case with your piranha.

Not in this case :P.He does it lights on or off and he is not chasing a goldfish and missing lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iCandiBallPythons View Post
    This reminds me of that windex commercial with the 2 birds sitting outside the house and the lady is cleaning the sliding door with the windex, they swoop down and smash into the door :D
    Seriously though have you tried putting something opaque on the sides of the tank like black construction paper etc.?

He slams into all 4 sides and flies into the top.Thank god the lid is covered or he would fly out :rofl:
  • 01-24-2009, 12:29 AM
    4theSNAKElady
    Put some "barriers" around the perimeter of the tank, such as tall plants, giving him a visual "cue" that something solid taht he can see is there.
  • 02-12-2009, 02:01 AM
    joepythons
    Well i sold mister loony bird before he killed himself tonight :rolleye2:.The last couple days he has been slamming his head into the heater :rolleyes:.So no more fruit looped piranha :8:
  • 02-12-2009, 11:15 AM
    rebeccabecca
    Piranha are big sucks. I had 3 and a red bellied pacu. If you add a redbellied pacu to a tank with redbellied piranha all they will eat is meat! It out ate the other fish! put paper up so it doesn't freak.
  • 02-12-2009, 11:47 AM
    joepythons
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rebeccabecca View Post
    Piranha are big sucks. I had 3 and a red bellied pacu. If you add a redbellied pacu to a tank with redbellied piranha all they will eat is meat! It out ate the other fish! put paper up so it doesn't freak.

I no longer have him per my last post :P
  • 02-13-2009, 05:33 PM
    rebeccabecca
    Sorry when I posted your last post didn't sho up for some reason. What are you getting now?
  • 02-13-2009, 10:02 PM
    joepythons
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rebeccabecca View Post
    Sorry when I posted your last post didn't sho up for some reason. What are you getting now?

Not a problem :gj:.Well i am looking at some tropical fish.I want something differant so i am surfing the web looking at pics(what little i can find :() of differant types.