Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,793

2 members and 2,791 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,172
Threads: 248,602
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Ro55y5

New pup (kind of)!

Printable View

• 12-18-2012, 12:17 AM
    gsarchie
    New pup (kind of)!
    I have gotten Sam since getting home and he is wonderful! He is a 4 year old yellow lab who has been neutered. He doesn't beg, he listens when off leash and he won't cross a road without my "okay." He is playful and loving and only barks when he thinks something fishy is going on (neighbor beating out a rug out back, April and Josh, the couple that I'm staying with until the New Year, raising their voices while play fighting, someone coming to the door, etc.). Here are some pictures!

On the way home after getting him.
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/18/namujyta.jpg

With his 3' long rawhide bone. It is so big that it makes him look small!
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/18/8uryte9y.jpg

Tired today after running a mile with me. I'll work him up to longer distances but for now am starting small.
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/18/upa3ajy7.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  • 12-18-2012, 12:23 AM
    DooLittle
    Aww, hims tired and snuggled in.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
  • 12-18-2012, 12:36 AM
    I-KandyReptiles
    Nice thigh ;)
    Pup is all tired from an exciting day.
    Does he wag his tail really fast when he's excited?
    My friends labs tail just wacks everything haha
  • 12-18-2012, 12:39 AM
    Capray
    Sweet! Congrats!
    He has nice blushing ;)
    That's great that he'll be able to enjoy the excercise-filled lifestyle that labs need.
  • 12-18-2012, 12:42 AM
    Mike41793
    Whoaaa sams getting a lil handsy. Did he at least buy you dinner first? :rofl:

One of my HS teachers had labs and said they were the best hunting dogs. Do you plan to use sam for hunting at all?
  • 12-18-2012, 12:46 AM
    Capray
    LOL
    Yeah, labs were bred for retrieving foul that fall into the water after you shoot them, and are good at commands so you can tell them to sit sill while you kill your ducks!
  • 12-18-2012, 12:49 AM
    Flikky
    Re: New pup (kind of)!
    He's obviously well loved :) Good lookin' boy! I think it's awesome when people run with their dogs. Great fun for both! :gj:
  • 12-18-2012, 12:52 AM
    Quantum Constrictors
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Flikky View Post
    I think it's awesome when people run with their dogs. Great fun for both! :gj:

My Bulldog does not like 'dis.... LOL

Shes good with a casual stroll LOL

OP : nice addition! looks like he loves it there!
  • 12-18-2012, 06:57 AM
    rlditmars
    Nice to see you picked up a dog. Sam's a good looking beast. Labs are just great whether you use them to hunt or not. Always loyal, very even keeled, great family pets. Also, that's really nice of the couple you are staying with to let you bring an animal of Sam's size into live with you/them.
  • 12-18-2012, 11:00 AM
    gsarchie
    No he didn't, Mike. I actually gave him dinner! He has seemed to enjoy the runs so far. He is big and they are awesome to let me have him there, as well as my snakes! I'm excited for summer to get him up into the mountains! Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2