Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 713

2 members and 711 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles

Getting a puppy

Printable View

• 10-16-2013, 12:03 AM
    SSALB
    Getting a puppy
    I put a deposit down today on a male Great Dane puppy, he will be coming home with me sometime around Thanksgiving. I am so excited, i've been wanting a Dane for a very long time and i can't wait to bring him home.

This is my pretty blue boy. Not the best picture but i will put more up as i receive them from the breeder.
    http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/...eatDanepup.jpg
    The whole litter
    http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/...41273579_n.jpg
  • 10-16-2013, 12:30 AM
    MootWorm
    Re: Getting a puppy
    Awesome! Danes are my all time favorite breed!! You can't go wrong with a blue. Prepare yourself for an exciting and frustrating first two years :P Ours was a holy terror as a pup, but she's matured into a wonderful dog. Here's a pic of Blue (how original, right?) the 13 year old GD

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/...ps97c5abec.jpg

Are you planning on getting the ears/tail docked, or leave them natural?
  • 10-16-2013, 08:12 AM
    SSALB
    My American Pit Bull Terrier was a terror as a puppy so i would say i'm prepared for another naughty puppy, i will just keep reminding myself that the puppy stage won't last forever.
    Blue is absolutely stunning, she looks to be in very good shape for such an old Great Dane.

The breeder is not going to have his ears cropped so he will be kept natural.
  • 10-16-2013, 02:24 PM
    MootWorm
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SSALB View Post
    My American Pit Bull Terrier was a terror as a puppy so i would say i'm prepared for another naughty puppy, i will just keep reminding myself that the puppy stage won't last forever.
    Blue is absolutely stunning, she looks to be in very good shape for such an old Great Dane.

The breeder is not going to have his ears cropped so he will be kept natural.

The puppy stage sure seems to last forever!! Thanks btw, Blue's a great dog, minus the year she was addicted to jumping into the horse manure dump pond. She started going downhill around year 9, but we confined her to 1 floor, no stairs or big jumps and that really seemed to improve her health. That and joint supplements worked wonders. Just something to think about when yours starts getting older. Looking forward to tons of puppy pics :)
  • 10-28-2013, 06:00 PM
    SSALB
  • 10-28-2013, 09:27 PM
    Crazymonkee
    He's so adorable, congrats :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  • 10-28-2013, 09:35 PM
    KMG
    Congratulations on the mini horse!

My bulldog just turned two years. They grow up so fast. You will be riding yours in no time.
  • 10-29-2013, 08:37 AM
    SSALB
    Thank you!

Funny you say that, the breeder has a miniature horse and my pups father TOWERS over her. I am terrified of horses - both large and small but i will try to snap a picture of them together next time i am out that way.

I love Bulldogs and i was actually considering getting one a few years back after my Pit Bull turned 2 years old and got out of the bratty puppy stage but they have far too many health issues for my liking (...So i pick a Great Dane? What?!). Do you have any pictures of your Bulldog? If so, feel free to post them. :)