Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,482

1 members and 2,481 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,179
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ReptiFreak

New rattie pics

Printable View

• 05-29-2007, 06:14 PM
    jglass38
    New rattie pics
    I haven't taken any rat pics in a while. Here are some babies at what I think is their cutest stage. There are some cool colors/patterns in these litters.

http://www.glassreptiles.com/picture...ts052907_1.jpg
    http://www.glassreptiles.com/picture...ts052907_2.jpg
    http://www.glassreptiles.com/picture...ts052907_3.jpg
    http://www.glassreptiles.com/picture...ts052907_4.jpg
  • 05-29-2007, 06:18 PM
    Petboy15
    Re: New rattie pics
    NICE, but I hate rex rats. Ugly, like hairless ones.
  • 05-29-2007, 06:18 PM
    Laooda
    SQWEEEEEK! Those are cute pix!!!!! :oops:
  • 05-29-2007, 06:19 PM
    jglass38
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Petboy15
    NICE, but I hate rex rats. Ugly, like hairless ones.

I have to disagree there. Rex babies are very cool...
  • 05-29-2007, 06:23 PM
    frankykeno
    I like the one little black hooded..."look Ma...I can lick my own butt!" LOL Very cute ratties, Jamie, I really like those rex ones. :)
  • 05-29-2007, 06:30 PM
    jglass38
    Quote:

Originally Posted by frankykeno
    I like the one little black hooded..."look Ma...I can lick my own butt!" LOL Very cute ratties, Jamie, I really like those rex ones. :)

Thanks Jo! The rats are a lot of fun to have around...
  • 05-29-2007, 09:10 PM
    lord jackel
    Very cute...especially the tan capped Rex he is my fav:)
  • 05-30-2007, 06:59 AM
    frankykeno
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jglass38
    Thanks Jo! The rats are a lot of fun to have around...

Told ya! (sorry couldn't resist LOL). I'm really so pleased Jamie that you are enjoying the experience of a breeder/feeder colony and doing so very well with them. :)

Wish you lived close though. Our numbers are critically short on smalls/recently weaned. With the move I had cut back on the matings so I wasn't moving a lot of heavily preggo/new litters and now of course I'm short on the most popular size. BLECH
  • 05-30-2007, 11:07 AM
    ZEKESMOM
    They are sooo adorable...I whish I could have another one:( Turns out Snow is not a very rat social rat. She loves to be out with us and is content in her huge cage with all her toys, food and ferret hammocks. As soon as I get a buddy out of quarentine and get them introduced she totally turns into this dominating freak,,,totally stresses them out and they get ri and I have to get rid of them....She has done this to not one but 5 buddies I have bought for her!
  • 06-01-2007, 01:19 PM
    J.Vandegrift
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEKESMOM
    They are sooo adorable...I whish I could have another one:( Turns out Snow is not a very rat social rat. She loves to be out with us and is content in her huge cage with all her toys, food and ferret hammocks. As soon as I get a buddy out of quarentine and get them introduced she totally turns into this dominating freak,,,totally stresses them out and they get ri and I have to get rid of them....She has done this to not one but 5 buddies I have bought for her!

They are probably getting sick because your existing rat carries different pathogens than the new rats. She is immune to them but the new rats are not. IMO quarentining new rats is pretty pointless. Your existing rat and the new rat can be totally healthy but as soon as you add the new rat you are very often going to have problems. That is why the big rodent breediers do not like to add new blood to their collections.