Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,869

1 members and 1,868 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,162
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Csr112
  • 10-23-2008, 04:27 PM
    elevatethis
    Virginia Beach, VA - Woman killed by pet python
    They reference a "tiger python" in the article...my guess it was a Tiger Retic ? Who knows, but to all the Giant Keepers out there...use a spotter or at least have a buddy around in case your snake decides to have its way with you....

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=9228953
  • 10-23-2008, 04:30 PM
    ohyeahnow
    Re: Virginia Beach, VA - Woman killed by pet python
    Great, and while the feds are trying ban pythons and boas. Hey Brad thanks for the post. I am also in Richmond.
  • 10-23-2008, 04:31 PM
    snakecharmer3638
    Sad situation for all involved. We all need to remember to be responsible snake keepers.
  • 10-23-2008, 04:34 PM
    SoCaliSon
    What a bummer. I wonder if she was a member here. With a big Tiger Ret I would not be suprised. Tragic.
  • 10-23-2008, 04:36 PM
    Freakie_frog
    Responsible giant keepers know that once they get to be a certain size to have a second person their just in case stuff like that happens.
  • 10-23-2008, 06:12 PM
    evil mechanic
    i believe this is her http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=1444838

anyone know her? thats so sad.
  • 10-23-2008, 06:19 PM
    monk90222
    SO....there is a dead body, a loose snake.....and the husband found her there?....Sounds fishy my friends........lets not be so quick to blame the snake.....just sayin....

and if that is her myspace page, it was logged into today....
  • 10-23-2008, 06:23 PM
    evil mechanic
    hmm it would be a good cover up wouldnt it...

he prolly logged in to reply to all the people asking if it was her!
  • 10-23-2008, 06:45 PM
    xanaxez
    even at 13 ft i dont really see the snake wrapping and killing her. ive had alot of friends with larger retics and burms then that and have really ticked them off but they would just bite and run or clicmb back into the enclosures. this could have happened but i think something fishy is up with this story. i think the husband is in the middle of it somewheres and blaming the poor snake.and most people know or should know regardless of how sweet or docile a pet of that size is you never attempt messing with it alone. always have someone atleast in the next room that you could shout for if something for the worse started to occur.
  • 10-23-2008, 07:23 PM
    Bruce Whitehead
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xanaxez View Post
    even at 13 ft i dont really see the snake wrapping and killing her. ive had alot of friends with larger retics and burms then that and have really ticked them off but they would just bite and run or clicmb back into the enclosures. this could have happened but i think something fishy is up with this story. i think the husband is in the middle of it somewheres and blaming the poor snake.and most people know or should know regardless of how sweet or docile a pet of that size is you never attempt messing with it alone. always have someone atleast in the next room that you could shout for if something for the worse started to occur.

I guess we can hope that the family, friends, and spouse of this individual are not members, and are not sitting here reading this post... seriously not cool to speculate like this about a situation you know nothing about.

Perhaps a bit of sensitivity might be in order?

Bruce