Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,026

1 members and 1,025 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,202
Threads: 248,614
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, CUGrad99
  • 01-17-2019, 10:21 PM
    Sauzo
    Dozier the super reduced pattern reticulated Gila progress thread
    So figure I'll start a new thread since I finally came up with a name. Based on him always digging tunnels, I named him Dozer. He's had 2 meals and we started working together. The little guy is not shy and loves to explore. I put a glove on that I scented with myself and pet his head. He initiated first contact and climbed onto the glove and sat on me. We messed around for about 20 mins and the whole time I would let him climb on the glove, then lift him and put him on his half log. He would then climb down and come back over to the open door to rinse and repeat lol. Now I closed the door and he is all over it wanting out again haha. And I will leave you with a close up of a foot as he moved as I was trying photo him. Hard to photo with a note 9 in one hand and making sure the baby didn't fall with a gloved opposite hand.https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...aec09b107e.jpghttps://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...aa31395cba.jpghttps://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...71cf2074f3.jpghttps://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...c5645757d3.jpghttps://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...d004023533.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  • 01-17-2019, 10:57 PM
    Dianne
    Re: Dozier the super reduced pattern reticulated Gila progress thread
    Great photos and impressive claws on that foot! In regards to the claws, are they continuously growing that they would need to be filed or clipped?
  • 01-17-2019, 11:22 PM
    Bogertophis
    I sure hope he doesn't need pedicures? Seems really personable too...you should be ashamed of yourself, Sauzo! :D Making us all want one!
  • 01-17-2019, 11:34 PM
    KevinK
    If you get smoked, make sure you record the reaction lol. I'm not buying the Coyote Peterson Gila monster bite video, dude has like five cameras on him and all of them "conveniently" missed the actual bite and then the guy is talking pretty casually throughout the whole ordeal....fake as a $3 bill. But, my rant is done haha.

People provide them some kind of gravel to assist in wearing down claws correct?
  • 01-18-2019, 01:57 AM
    Danger noodles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    If you get smoked, make sure you record the reaction lol. I'm not buying the Coyote Peterson Gila monster bite video, dude has like five cameras on him and all of them "conveniently" missed the actual bite and then the guy is talking pretty casually throughout the whole ordeal....fake as a $3 bill. But, my rant is done haha.

People provide them some kind of gravel to assist in wearing down claws correct?

Lol u must not know anything about him if u think he faked it! Like him or not but he does a lot of good for us animal lovers. And his “pain index chart” is insane!!
  • 01-18-2019, 03:02 AM
    Sauzo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinK View Post

Not sure about the gravel. I had pieces of slate for my beardie to keep her toe nails down. I'll eventually add a rock or two for him to climb on as it seems he LOVES to climb up stuff. His 3 passions are digging tunnels in the aspen and popping his head up in random places, climbing his half log or giant driftwood, and windshield washing the doors or wedging himself between the door and litter dam sides and inchworm his way up to the top of the cage lol. He definitely has a lot of personality. It's really funny when you walk by and startle him when hes got his head buried in the aspen and digging. He pops out, huffs up and stares at me. Then he must realize its me or something as he calms down and goes back to digging.
  • 01-18-2019, 03:14 AM
    Sauzo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Great photos and impressive claws on that foot! In regards to the claws, are they continuously growing that they would need to be filed or clipped?

I used to clip my beardies toe nail ends just to remove the sharp end but I'm not doing that with Dozer, no matter how calm he is lol. Worst case, my vet says she will see my gila and beaded when i get him so I'll have her clip the nails if needed but I'm going to just try with a few rocks so he can climb on them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I sure hope he doesn't need pedicures? Seems really personable too...you should be ashamed of yourself, Sauzo! :D Making us all want one!

Lol, i wish i would have pulled the trigger sooner. Little guy is awesome and even though babies are notorious for being bitey and pissy, he is really laid back....but I'm still going to use a glove on the hand closest to the bitey end until he gets bigger so the distance between the bitey end and the spot i hold him is further apart lol.
  • 01-18-2019, 08:03 AM
    KevinK
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    Lol u must not know anything about him if u think he faked it! Like him or not but he does a lot of good for us animal lovers. And his “pain index chart” is insane!!

I'm just saying, if that guy got bit by a Gila then I've survived a Grizzly and Orca attack as well.....come on man, watch that video and tell me it's real lol.
  • 01-18-2019, 05:32 PM
    Sonny1318
    God bless you brother, wish you nothing but the best of luck. Better playing it safe then sorry. Not to cause trouble, but did you ever have a Tegu ? Those are sweet too!
  • 01-18-2019, 05:37 PM
    MR Snakes
    Does he sell insurance?