Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,452

1 members and 1,451 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,175
Threads: 248,606
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, LouveniaEl

New California King

Printable View

• 11-24-2021, 12:43 PM
    Hugsplox
    New California King
    After a week of running everything I felt comfortable enough on Monday to place an order for this little guy. He arrived this morning and went into quarantine after a quick inspect. I snapped this picture while he was out exploring but he’s since tucked himself away in a hide.

Thanks for all the input with getting his enclosure ready and I’m excited to share more pics as he grows.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d6129ae75f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 11-24-2021, 01:02 PM
    Bogertophis
    :love: He's gorgeous! What a great choice- these & MBKs are my favorite kings.
  • 11-24-2021, 01:48 PM
    KMG
    Very nice!

I'm about to feed my two in just a bit.
  • 11-29-2021, 09:18 AM
    Hugsplox
    Re: New California King
    Wanted to share another picture of this guy now that he’s had a little time to settle in. Tried feeding for the first time Friday and he ate like a champ. So far he’s been super fun to watch and we haven’t had any issues.

My wife has requested that we call him “no-face” after the character in Spirited Away. If you’ve seen it you understand why lol

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f95def5b3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 11-29-2021, 12:04 PM
    Skyrivers
    Love cali kings. Good choice.
  • 02-02-2022, 08:35 AM
    Hugsplox
    Just a quick update on this little guy. He is doing fantastic, has shed for me, and what I read and was told about their feeding response was spot on. I think the only thing that'll take a feeder as quick as he does is our Spotted Python. I have really enjoyed having this guy and it is awesome how often he comes out during the day just to peek around, unlike the other animals who pretty much stay hidden on the time. He still has a little over a month of quarantine before he can move into my office with the other snake, but I'm excited to get him in there and am trying to figure out how he can fit in on the colubrid side of the room. Thanks again to everyone who gave advice and suggestions! Once we're a little more handleable I'll update you guys with another photo.
  • 02-02-2022, 09:34 AM
    Albert Clark
    Congrats on acquiring him! King snakes are so cool especially being ophiophagus. The way they keep the wild venomous populations down a bit. I keep a trio of Arizona mountain kings. Good luck with him. Can’t wait for the updated pics. :gj:
  • 02-02-2022, 11:58 AM
    Albert Clark
    https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil...e53a8071a.jpegGreat read from Bob Applegate’s years of kingsnake and milksnake experience. Hope this helps!