Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,945

0 members and 2,945 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,178
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, turntechgodhead

FedEx nightmare

Printable View

• 07-15-2017, 12:05 PM
    StillBP
    FedEx nightmare
    Well i want to start by saying i don't normally shipThursday night for a Friday morning delivery.
    Tho Thursday past i did send one out, because the weather has been very hot where she was going. And Thursday/Friday was about the only day in the forecast that i felt comfortable with.

So i ship Thursday right on schedule. Friday morning i get a email. No snake. Wonderful. I ship exclusively through Ship Your Reptiles ( great people just if anyone needs to know) so i called them. Took some figuring out but something had happened and she was sitting in the Memphis TN hub. So after a few phone calls (SYR was a huge help here) i was promised she would be there by 9 am today.

She did arrive alive and well but was the most stressful 24 hrs i have spent since i started selling. And truthfully i really don't know what i would have done without the staff of SYR getting things fixed.
  • 07-15-2017, 12:10 PM
    MJ_Bosley
    Re: FedEx nightmare
    Oh no, I'm sorry that was so stressful
  • 07-15-2017, 12:23 PM
    Booper
    Yikes! Any idea why she ended up sitting for so long?
  • 07-15-2017, 01:12 PM
    bcr229
    Sometimes packages get misdirected. I had one come in on a two-day trip instead of overnight like it was supposed to, apparently the whole pallet of "overnight" packages was put on the wrong truck, so instead of being put on a plane it was driven south.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=538969
  • 07-15-2017, 01:31 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Yowsers!! I can imagine how stressed you must have been. Obviously mistakes and oversights happen, but it's obviously much more stressful when it's a living, breathing shipment.

I'm glad it worked out ok, now breathe.....hahaha
  • 07-15-2017, 01:57 PM
    Starscream
    We can both breathe easy now! Goodness knows how stressful that was... Just glad she's okay... and that she's super into this fake plant..... hashtag worth it.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...afwo2_1280.jpg

(She likes to feel tol, apparently.)
  • 07-15-2017, 10:21 PM
    StillBP
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    We can both breathe easy now! Goodness knows how stressful that was... Just glad she's okay... and that she's super into this fake plant..... hashtag worth it.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...afwo2_1280.jpg

(She likes to feel tol, apparently.)

She's looking good. I'm so glad she made it and is in good hands.
  • 07-15-2017, 10:23 PM
    StillBP
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Booper View Post
    Yikes! Any idea why she ended up sitting for so long?

something with the plane but they wouldn't get into details
  • 07-15-2017, 11:09 PM
    Cass
    Happy to see the baby safe, hopefully the weather is fine when it comes time for my Normal and Ghi!