Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,718

2 members and 2,716 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kam (43)
meganp (24)

» Stats

Members: 75,154
Threads: 248,596
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GrantW
  • 05-02-2017, 12:32 PM
    Aedryan Methyus
    House Of Snakes: Dream Home Turns Out To Be A Nightmare
    A friend of mine posted this story on Facebook and I thought I would share it with you guys...

House Of Snakes: Dream Home Turns Out To Be A Nightmare:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/05/01/house-of-snakes-nightmare-home/
  • 05-02-2017, 01:46 PM
    redshepherd
    So they're just a bunch of garter snakes? LOL

It took awhile for the article to specify the species, and they only mention it once. I don't know how much having a den of garter snakes living under your house affects the house itself. Do they poop on the carpet? What is the damage here? LOL
  • 05-02-2017, 02:01 PM
    Lizardlicks
    Re: House Of Snakes: Dream Home Turns Out To Be A Nightmare
    I have actually heard of this happening before, and yeah, actually, it does affect the home value as well as having potential health risks (the instance I heard about several years ago, the snakes musking made the whole house smell, some of them got into the walls, and even got into their plumbing and made the water taste awful).
  • 05-02-2017, 02:08 PM
    redshepherd
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizardlicks View Post
    I have actually heard of this happening before, and yeah, actually, it does affect the home value as well as having potential health risks (the instance I heard about several years ago, the snakes musking made the whole house smell, some of them got into the walls, and even got into their plumbing and made the water taste awful).

Oh, that sucks!! Yuck at musk water lol...
  • 05-02-2017, 02:59 PM
    Kcl
    Harmless as they are, no one wants to buy the snake house. Also, garter snake waste can smell like old fish and they go ALL the time. Hundreds of garter snakes is definitely going to smell funky. Sad that these little dudes are probably going to lose their home though :/ I'm not sure how well they handle finding new hibernaculums or even being moved to new hibernaculums. I know it's more possible than with some animals where it's absolutely not an option (incl some species of bats), but they would normally return to the same one every year.
  • 05-02-2017, 04:02 PM
    Oxylepy
    I'm poor, aka living in modern America, so this sounds like my dream. I'll give her two grand and a hug for the property
  • 05-02-2017, 05:25 PM
    Aedryan Methyus
    Myself, I would rather have a snake infestation in my house than a spider or "thousand legger" infestation ANY day! lol