Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,173

5 members and 1,168 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kaiju (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,149
Threads: 248,590
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, koala
  • 06-09-2018, 02:35 PM
    Charis
    Updated Patience pics. Tricolor Hognose
  • 06-09-2018, 02:47 PM
    Bogertophis
    What a delightful hoggie! Any difficulty with feeding her? (Is that how she got her name? LOL)
    Was she C/B or W/C imported? (if you know?) And do you have a pair w/ breeding plans in the future? Thank you for sharing! :gj:
  • 06-09-2018, 03:23 PM
    Charis
    We have a cb US produced male and had imported a cb female from the Czech Republic but just as she got nearly big enough to breed, she died from an impaction.
    That was the dumbest snake I've ever had, she was unhandleable and thought every single thing that touched her nose should go down the gullet, so that wasn't really a surprise but did set back our breeding plans.

A local friend imported a bunch of snakes at the same time, we went in on it together, so he produced Patience from his Czech Tricolors. Thankfully, though also very food motivated, Patience is not as singlemindly stupid as the first one. Our friend had a fair amount of trouble getting many of his babies to eat but once started, they are usually good eaters.

Nearly all of our snakes are named in themes, TV shows or books. Patience was in the the same theme as the male but it also seemed appropriate since I'd have to be patient with my breeding plans.