Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,865

0 members and 2,865 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: New to this forum, Got a BEL, Shed question

Thanks Diane. I’ve read that over a few times but since i’m still not handling Blue (unless absolutely needed) so she can get ultra settled in, i haven’t weighed her yet and it’s hard to tell how big her widest part of her body is without having her out lol. I might take her out tomorrow for a weigh in and make a note of her biggest/widest portion of her body.

Thanks!

-Jason

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gdawgs56 View Post
    Thanks Diane. I’ve read that over a few times but since i’m still not handling Blue (unless absolutely needed) so she can get ultra settled in, i haven’t weighed her yet and it’s hard to tell how big her widest part of her body is without having her out lol. I might take her out tomorrow for a weigh in and make a note of her biggest/widest portion of her body.

Thanks!

-Jason
    You can also just eyeball the prey item to compare to the widest part of her as she crawls around. Ideally you just don’t want to create a large bulge. All of my 2018 hatchlings are currently eating 1 or 2 medium mice each. They aren’t quite big enough for large mice, but were definitely looking for more when I was offering just 1 mouse.
    Other Snakes:
    Hudson 1988 1.0 Colombian rainbow; Yang 2002 1.0 Corn snake; Merlin 2000 1.0 Solomon Island ground boa; Kett 2015 1.0 Diamond Jungle Jaguar carpet python; Dakota 2014 0.0.1 Children’s python

Ball pythons:
    Eli 1990 1.0 Normal; Buttercup 2015 1.0 Albino; Artemis 2015 0.1 Dragonfly; Orion 2015 1.0 Banana Pinstripe; Button 2018 1.0 Blue Eyed Lucy; Piper 2018 0.1 Piebald; Belle 2018 0.1 Lemonblast; Sabrina 2017 0.1 Mojave; Selene 2017 0.1 Banana Mojave; Loki 2018 1.0 Pastel Mystic Potion; Cuervo 2018 1.0 Banana Piebald; Claude 2017 1.0 Albino Pastel Spider; Penelope 2016 0.1 Lesser

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dianne For This Useful Post:

gdawgs56 (01-31-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    You can also just eyeball the prey item to compare to the widest part of her as she crawls around. Ideally you just don’t want to create a large bulge. All of my 2018 hatchlings are currently eating 1 or 2 medium mice each. They aren’t quite big enough for large mice, but were definitely looking for more when I was offering just 1 mouse.
    Yeah, i just eyeballed it and also took the reptile center’s recommendation from what they were feeding her there (along with her siblings). She definitely acts hungry tho even just a few days after feeding.

-Jason

Thanks

Oh my gosh, hilarious story. So i took Blue out for the first time for handling, planned on 5 or 10 mins to not stress him at all. Well, i handed him to my sister because she adores him, and Blue decided to take a nice big dump on her hand. Haha!!! It was lovely, i’m sure you can imagine.

Question tho, before the solid poops came, there was a brown liquid that looked like thin diarrhea. Is that normal before the solid poops come? First time i’ve seen a snake poop in person lol.

-Jason

Thanks

Oh my gosh, hilarious story. So i took Blue out for the first time for handling, planned on 5 or 10 mins to not stress him at all. Well, i handed him to my sister because she adores him, and Blue decided to take a nice big dump on her hand. Haha!!! It was lovely, i’m sure you can imagine.

Question tho, before the solid poops came, there was a brown liquid that looked like thin diarrhea. Is that normal before the solid poops come? First time i’ve seen a snake poop in person lol.

-Jason
    A lot of times, some liquid urine - or even some solid urate chunks, for that matter - can come out with the poop (the snake is just generally trying to push stuff out, haha), so that's most likely what you saw. Your poor sister though!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RedRabbit View Post
    A lot of times, some liquid urine - or even some solid urate chunks, for that matter - can come out with the poop (the snake is just generally trying to push stuff out, haha), so that's most likely what you saw. Your poor sister though!
    Thanks. Haha yeah, something about her just makes animals poop. My exes Hedgehogs always would poop on my sister lol! She just has “the touch”

-Jason

Thanks

Thanks. Haha yeah, something about her just makes animals poop. My exes Hedgehogs always would poop on my sister lol! She just has “the touch”

-Jason
    Hahaha! What a dubious honor to have!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

gdawgs56 (02-10-2019)

Thanks

Well, he did it again lol! Not musking, cuz he lets out full on turds. Wonder if it’s the change in temp from his cage to our hands that helps him poop?

-Jason

Thanks

I've only got peed on so far and that was enough

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellybeans For This Useful Post:

gdawgs56 (02-21-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
    I've only got peed on so far and that was enough

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    lol, now i keep paper towels and/or a bowl nearby to catch any poops he decides i need.

-Jason

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast