Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,148

2 members and 3,146 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

She's almost ready for a one night stand lol

Hey all,
    I have been waiting for this moment for a whole year now and it is fast approaching. My BEL Spider Potion female is holding steady between 1200-1400gs. I am going to wait till later this year before I introduce the male, for follicles, proper weight, temp & humidity (the cool down?), etc. before doing anything but just wanted to be pointed in the right direction far as what to expect and how to increase my chances of success. This will be both our 1st attempts at breeding and I am excited to be in this position with a lovely snake and all her possibilities.

I plan on mating her with a high white fire pied male
    please see photos as I am looking to add color to her offspring and would like some feedback as far as possible mates... thanks for the input friends, good luck with everything, and ttys!
    Last edited by Ronniex2; 01-12-2018 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Spelling

BPnet Senior Member Hannahshissyfix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 619 Posts

Re: She's almost ready for a one night stand lol

Do you have any other males? That pairing wont give you much and im guessing you know none will be visual pieds. Ive never cooled down.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hannahshissyfix For This Useful Post:

dr del (01-12-2018),Ronniex2 (01-17-2018)

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

Re: She's almost ready for a one night stand lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniex2 View Post
    before doing anything but just wanted to be pointed in the right direction far as what to expect and how to increase my chances of success.

this page is a great reference in terms of what to expect and look for when breeding/pairing up:
    http://ballpython.ca/breeding/

Good luck!
    For the Horde!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (01-17-2018)

Thanks

Gracias

Just talked to her breeder (dynasty reptile- Chun), and he suggested to go with Phantom ..I agree and will be looking for a suitable mate now as I already have options here but would like he to have opportunity to allow us to have some unique offspring.

Again this is all still new to me and though you can read and google your eyes and fingers off, people like you guys are what really helps, so thanks again for the responses... I will keep y'all posted as we get closer to pairing

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Re: Gracias

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniex2 View Post
    Just talked to her breeder (dynasty reptile- Chun), and he suggested to go with Phantom ..I agree and will be looking for a suitable mate now as I already have options here but would like he to have opportunity to allow us to have some unique offspring.

Again this is all still new to me and though you can read and google your eyes and fingers off, people like you guys are what really helps, so thanks again for the responses... I will keep y'all posted as we get closer to pairing
    bamp! b/c i just read your newest thread: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...issue-or-morph

reading and researching is still very important!! it gives u a solid base. researching basic husbandry would have told u to regulate your heat source w/ a thermostat. by the time u ask, it can be too late and your snake gets burned.

researching genetics would have told u Spider x Spider is not a good pairing. but u purchased a boy Spider to breed to your Phantom Spider BEL.

research and all the stuff u learn yourself is the #1 thing that is most helpful when u do not ask the right questions. (take it from me as someone who hates reading! but it is valuable!)

Edit: sorry, had to!
    Last edited by Ax01; 02-21-2018 at 04:00 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Hannahshissyfix (02-23-2018),Kira (02-21-2018)