Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,073

3 members and 3,070 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Ordering Frozen

Thanks

Ordering Frozen

I have been buying frozen mice from from Petco but would like to switch to ordering from a repeatable place. They have very basic sizing of mice and rats and the quality occasionally looks questionable. My female BP is coming up to 350 grams and I would like to step her up from adult mice to weaned rats. Does anyone know of a rodent company that ships in lower quantities? I looked into Rodent Pro but I don’t need to buy 25 weaned rats at once. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Ordering Frozen

I buy from Perfect Prey or Big Cheese Rodents.

I believe you can get smaller quantities, But shipping is about $30.00,

I buy 6 months worth of food for 6 snakes at once, So shipping is not that bad.

The packages are vacuumed sealed unlike Petco / Petsmart,

So you might be able to order 25 at once, One Feeding a week that's should be about 6 months worth or a little longer

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

Clare8899 (05-14-2020)

Thanks

Thank you for the fast response! I’m currently going off of a chart that says from 350grams to 500grams they should be on either a weaned rat or jumbo mouse. If I did make that order for 25 weaned rats do you think I would be able to use that whole bag before she got over 500grams? It’s what you said about 6 months worth of meals. This has been my first BP so appreciate your help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clare8899 View Post
    Thank you for the fast response! I’m currently going off of a chart that says from 350grams to 500grams they should be on either a weaned rat or jumbo mouse. If I did make that order for 25 weaned rats do you think I would be able to use that whole bag before she got over 500grams? It’s what you said about 6 months worth of meals. This has been my first BP so appreciate your help!
    My opinion is... not a problem.... She goes a little over 500 grams she'll still do ok on the weaned rat, the

chart is a guide not a definite all snakes are different.

I have a male BP that's at 515grams, still on weaned and he'll even refuse a meal every now and then, so it's still plenty for him

I also have a female BP that at 1255 grams and eats small rats, the next size up. I don't see her looking for more food, she eats weekly and is still growing and shedding like she should.

Maybe one of the higher ups will correct me, But I think you should be fine.
    Last edited by Gocntry; 05-14-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks

Thank you! I did want your opinion on one more thing. Have you ever had an issue switching from mice to rats with your snakes?

Thanks

I have seen people complaining about Rodentpro but that's who I use and have always had good luck with them. They have really good sales at times.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to slseals1969 For This Useful Post:

Clare8899 (05-14-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clare8899 View Post
    Thank you! I did want your opinion on one more thing. Have you ever had an issue switching from mice to rats with your snakes?
    I have not dealt with that issue yet, out of 6 snakes, 3 are from the humane shelter, 2 were unwanted by a pet shop, and 1 was a Craigslist purchase

I have no no clue what they were eating before I got them. The 4 ball-pythons and the B.I. Boa I fed rats after I got them, The Corn snake is on mice

They all took right to the food I offered with out issue, and with the exception of one BP who skips a meal now and then, they eat with out fail when they are offered food. It has all been F/T, I have not had to feed live at all.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

Clare8899 (05-14-2020)

Thanks

That’s good to know. Thank you both for your help!