Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,014

2 members and 3,012 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Getting my first noodle Tuesday!

I've been lurking on here for a couple of months absorbing all your knowledge in prep for getting my first BP and Tuesday I'm going to pick it up. I say "it" because i have no idea what gender or morph it is. I'm rescuing from a local shelter, and they don't know a whole lot about snakes in general, and did not have much information on the BP from the previous owner.

The BP appears to be in relatively good shape, I'm assuming its between 1 and 2 years old, no stuck shed and has been eating live at the shelter. They told me the snake bit the previous owner, and that multiple other animals were seized from the location they got the BP from. Sadly they labeled it as "aggressive", however I was able to handle it with zero issues.

I'll post pics on Tuesday when i pick it up, I'm excited to finally be a part of the club!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oropher101 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-09-2019),Craiga 01453 (12-07-2019),Gocntry (12-09-2019),L.West (12-09-2019),Luvyna (12-08-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Getting my first noodle Tuesday!

And thank you for not only taking the time to do the research first but also for taking in a rescue animal.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-09-2019),L.West (12-09-2019),oropher101 (12-07-2019)

Thanks

Congrats on your first noodle!!

Thanks

Congratulations on your first noodle, and kudos for taking up a rescue noodle at that! Best of luck with the snake, and of course if you have any questions once it is home feel free to post! Excited to see photos of it once it is home!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    - Cheyenne
    2.2 Felis catus - Jet, Jasper, Terra, Meadow
    0.1 Python reguis (Het Piebald) - Tiamat

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OkamiFlautist For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-09-2019)

Thanks
    im definitely feeling the pressure, trying to get the temps/humidity right before i pick him/her up, and ive spent way more money than I intended to trying to get the temps up. im already regretting glass and i dont even have my noodle yet. my initial plan was to wait until taxes and get an AP T8 with a radiant heater, but once i decided to rescue i had to expedite the enclosure.

Thanks

Bins are usually easier for maintaining heat and humidity, and quite a bit cheaper as well! (I realize it's a bit late for the cheaper aspect.) But you may still want to look into it for maintaining temps. I got a Weathertight locking container, 41qt for about $30ish from amazon, but there are cheaper ones with less locks on them lol (mine has six, i wasn't taking NO chances with escapes). My noodle is quite happy in hers!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oropher101 View Post
    im definitely feeling the pressure, trying to get the temps/humidity right before i pick him/her up, and ive spent way more money than I intended to trying to get the temps up. im already regretting glass and i dont even have my noodle yet. my initial plan was to wait until taxes and get an AP T8 with a radiant heater, but once i decided to rescue i had to expedite the enclosure.
    I felt this way when I got mine (I have a glass viv too). I ended up using the 1/2 in. thick insulation foam (the hard rigid stuff) from Home Depot to increase my temps. For humidity, if you have a screen top, try covering most of it with a towel to raise the humidity levels. People have also covered the top with tinfoil to help as well. I personally struggle to LOWER my humidity levels, so I invested in a lamp and CHE (Ceramic heat emitter) to help dry my Viv up.

- Cheyenne
    2.2 Felis catus - Jet, Jasper, Terra, Meadow
    0.1 Python reguis (Het Piebald) - Tiamat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw91 View Post
    Bins are usually easier for maintaining heat and humidity, and quite a bit cheaper as well! (I realize it's a bit late for the cheaper aspect.) But you may still want to look into it for maintaining temps. I got a Weathertight locking container, 41qt for about $30ish from amazon, but there are cheaper ones with less locks on them lol (mine has six, i wasn't taking NO chances with escapes). My noodle is quite happy in hers!
    yeah i considered bins, i wasn't comfortable heating them with UTH. Ive learned a bit more about how to do it, and will likely switch. (good news is im still in my return period for everything ive bought, so i may just take it all back and start over xD) Thats the best part about trying BEFORE i get the snake lol

Thanks
    Congrats and thanks for adopting a fully grown noodle in need of a good home Good on you for doing your research and setting up the enclosure beforehand as well. We're all here to help if you need it!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

oropher101 (12-08-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OkamiFlautist View Post
    I felt this way when I got mine (I have a glass viv too). I ended up using the 1/2 in. thick insulation foam (the hard rigid stuff) from Home Depot to increase my temps. For humidity, if you have a screen top, try covering most of it with a towel to raise the humidity levels. People have also covered the top with tinfoil to help as well. I personally struggle to LOWER my humidity levels, so I invested in a lamp and CHE (Ceramic heat emitter) to help dry my Viv up.

I just bought a CHE today with a lamp and a stand (WHY ARE STANDS SO EXPENSIVE!) as my temps were too low after running the UTH for about 24 hours. also i was originally using newspaper for substrate, swapped to half eco earth and half reptibark and that helped my humidity alot. my humidity is sitting at a solid 60, i just need to get my temps up higher. For reference pre-CHE i was sitting at about 76 cool side and low 80s hot side. its too low. i'll see where everything is at after i get home from work with the CHE and see if its going to be enough of a difference or if i should return the glass and swap to tub.

i may also just throw my space heater in my room and call it a day, idk lmao
    Last edited by oropher101; 12-08-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast