Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,359

2 members and 3,357 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User enoughbubbles456's Avatar
    Thanks

Banana bumblebee..

I've just been offered a cb16 banana bumblebee for what I think is an amazing price!

I'd just like to know is it worth getting it as the seller said he has a 'slight head wobble'.. does the head wobble actually affect the snake? Will it worsen when he gets older? Can he still breed when he's older?

I really like the look of him but if he has got a head wobble that will potentially get worse when he's older, I guess I'd have to leave him

T.i.a

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Head wobble doesn't gets worse with aging afaik and, unless a really bad one, doesn't affect the snake.

I have a spider leopard that spends a lot of time with his head upside down and is perfectly fine.

Thanks

Re: Banana bumblebee..

Quote Originally Posted by Aste88 View Post
    Head wobble doesn't gets worse with aging afaik and, unless a really bad one, doesn't affect the snake.

I have a spider leopard that spends a lot of time with his head upside down and is perfectly fine.
    Oh okay, I got told it could possibly get worse, but if it won't then I might go ahead with the deal.

That would creep me out, just walking passed his tank with him watching me upside down😁

I'll have to think about it though, as I'm wanting to breed him when I get an adult female or wait until my phantom female gets to 2kg.

Do you guys think £100 is a good price for him? It was alot higher but he needs to sell asap.

Thanks
    Yup, really really good price, I'd go for it.

If you have doubts have the seller send you a video of the snake. You'll be able to judge how much the wobble bothers you.

All spiders have some level of wobble, and still is one of the most common morph.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    The wobble can get worse or better, there hasn't been any typical pattern anyone can seem to figure out. I wouldn't be worried about the wobble, multithousands of spiders with wobbles and they all do just fine. I notice all the stories of spiders with wobbles that are so bad they won't eat happen to be someone's cousin's friend who knows a guy that breeds...

I will say I have personally seen how stress plays a factor in the amount of wobble. Less stress leads to less wobble generally. So make sure your husbandry is on point and I'm sure he will do just fine for you. If you are dead set on wanting no chance of a bad wobble, spider or any of the wobble morphs are not for you. They all have a chance, despite how small it is.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (12-07-2016),enoughbubbles456 (12-07-2016),HVani (12-05-2016)

Thanks

What is a wobble??my Lucy kinda nods as she gets up to look at something she eats fine though just wondering if that may be what it is with her..this is a pic of her

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hlow87 For This Useful Post:

Ballpythonguy92 (12-07-2016)

Thanks

A wobble is a "issue" with some genes. Spiders are the most well known, their head will wobble time to time or even at constant. They sometimes even corkscrew a lot, one spider I saw at a expo continuously corkscrewed for the few minutes I looked at the breeders snakes. It can be subtly at times, I personally love the spider gene. You really see it when they feed, they can easily miss because of the wobble. Your lucy is probably fine, I've seen other snakes do it once in a long while. Though, do be wary as it is a showcase of http://www.petmd.com/reptile/conditi...n_body_disease

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Naraku For This Useful Post:

Hlow87 (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    There is no evidence to suggest that the severity of the wobble is genetic, so it can't really be rooted out with selective breeding. There are some spiders that do have a more evident head wobble and others who just look to be fine.
    To answer your questions
    1. The head wobble does affect the snake to a neurological level, like all do, but does not cause any major issues, so you won't be having serious problems
    2. There is no telling if it can get worse or better when it gets older and bigger, they have their moments and some do stay as they are and some may vary
    3. He will certainly breed when he is up to weight and sexual maturity

I have a 2011 male Enhi-spider who has been father to other clutches before I bought it, and he is currently doing a perfect job eating, mating with my females and drinking. He has a "slight head wobble" as the banana bumblebee you want to buy.

I would go for it

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eru_Iluvatar For This Useful Post:

enoughbubbles456 (12-06-2016),Hlow87 (12-06-2016)

Thanks

Price

ps:
    100 english pounds for a triple combo ball python with banana, spider and pastel in it is really impressive, in europe (considering you're out of it because of the brexit) they cost much more, a single banana male can cost easily 200 euros.
    Lucky you!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eru_Iluvatar For This Useful Post:

enoughbubbles456 (12-06-2016)

Thanks

Just picked him up🙂

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enoughbubbles456 For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (12-07-2016),jbzapanda (12-06-2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast