Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,901

0 members and 2,901 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

View Poll Results: What snake should we try to get at Tinley?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8 Ball, baby!

2 12.50%
  • Carpet all the way!

7 43.75%
  • Both, obviously

7 43.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Tinley NARBC Wishlist (POLL)

Alright folks, I have a feeling I know the direction this poll will go in, but Tinley is coming up fast and I have a decision to make about what will (hopefully) be coming home with us!

While we're generally slowing down on adding snakes to our home - I think we have the time/space for 2 more max at this point - Tinley is such a fantastic opportunity to see and acquire some amazing animals that coming home empty handed would feel like a missed opportunity, lol

At this point I have two wishlist snakes remaining:

- An 8 Ball BP (could also do a Super Cinny, but would prefer the 8 Ball)
    - A carpet python (most likely Bredli or a granite IJ. A Diamond would be amazing but I've heard they can be finicky).

So if we're able to find quality examples of each at Tinley and the price is within our budget, which should we go for?
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

Thanks

Re: Tinley NARBC Wishlist (POLL)

A Bredli would be on my list but then again Im pretty biased. I just enjoy the larger size and ferocious feeding response of carpets. Maybe Ill see you there, Im thinking of going.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

you'll find more carpets than a beep morph so specific like an 8 ball (if anything, id buy them before you ).

it's always good to go with an idea and budget in mind!!!

i be there with my fanny pack on saturday!!! ill be sure to post what im wearing that morning in the Oct Tinley thread so you can look for me.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

I've only had a carpet python (Yafe) for a week now (and there was a major FEDEX delay, and he got sick because of it - RI - etc.) but he's a pretty personable little guy (and is healing well and quickly). He's beautiful too and I love that he's mostly arboreal. Not sure what you already have in your collection, but so far, and he's not even healthy yet, he seems like a keeper.

I love my BP, Shayna, and I'd always wanted an Albino BP and she's Albino Spider and is a beautiful and wonderful snake. She's docile and friendly, and eats well during the spring and summer, etc. However, from a pure personality standpoint, I love my BCI the best and I have a feeling, Yafe isn't going to be far behind.

Plus, Yafe, even not feeling well, spends half his time out so I can see him. I almost never see Shayna unless the lights are out and it's near food time.

Again, nothing against BP's. I adore Shayna and wouldn't trade her for anything. However, having a Boa, corns, and a Carpet Python now (he's albino and a cross between an IJ and a Darwin), I am becoming drawn to the more outgoing snakes, both from a handling perspective and a viewing perspective.

I think I'll always have a BP in my collection, but not super excited to get another one at the moment. Of course, I am pretty much out of space and only have one animal left on my "dream reptile" list and the Lacey Act scares me and CT law doesn't allow it (1/2 dwarf Burmese), so it's not happening.

In any event, and back to your "problem" at hand, if you have room left for two more reptiles. I would lean towards a carpet, but I would not plan on getting both at the show this year, if it were me. I would plan on getting the best animal you can find, either BP or Carpet, and then getting the next one down the line. You have to picky with only two spots left!

Of course, who I am kidding, if I wanted a carpet and BP, I would end up with both at the show!!!!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Jakethesnake69 (10-09-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    you'll find more carpets than a beep morph so specific like an 8 ball (if anything, id buy them before you ).

it's always good to go with an idea and budget in mind!!!

i be there with my fanny pack on saturday!!! ill be sure to post what im wearing that morning in the Oct Tinley thread so you can look for me.
    Lol, I'm picturing a contest where we zoom around tables trying to be the first to nab the black pastel/cinny - and by zoom I mean slowly nudge through the hordes of people.

I'm strongly leaning towards a Carpet, but I have to fully convince my husband, who doesn't really like the look of Bredlis, whereas that's one of my favorites. He's content with getting another BP, and while I love our BP's, I don't know if we need another. I think things will feel complete with a Carpet.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (10-09-2018)

Thanks

I get where you're coming from. We have 6 BP's and they're awesome, but I don't feel a strong urge to add another. We also have a corn snake and 2 boas (Dumeril's and longicauda). The boas are sooo cool. I know my limits, size-wise, and a CP would fit right in. And I love the idea of a semi-arboreal snake. The zoo we go to has Carpets in the Australia building, and I love looking at them.

Also, I've followed Yafe's threads and I'm so happy he seems to be doing better!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

dakski (10-10-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

I voted for both because I’m weak...I’ve added 4 bp’s this year. In reality, I’d only add both if you already have the setups before the show...or at least temporary quarantine cages.

Of my 11 snakes, 6 are bp’s...I love the color morphs which is apparent in my collection: normal, albino, pied, lemonblast, blue-eyed lucy, and dragonfly. They’re all just pets, so it doesn’t matter to me if anything is breeding compatible. That said, if you look in any of my ball cages, there are the sheets I use as substrate, a water bowl, and hides...rarely do I see the snakes unless I take them out. Of my other 5 snakes, the only ones regularly visible are my Colombian redtail boa and my female corn. My Colombian rainbow and Solomon Island ground boa are occasionally out, and my male corn impersonates my bp’s with the empty cage look.

I had some carpets years ago: Irian jaya, coastal, jungle, and a jungle x coastal (REALLY regret giving him up, he was a doll). All four of them were easy to handle and were great display snakes, always out and about exploring or just hanging out. I want to add a couple more animals over the next year or two, and I’ve seriously considered getting another carpet because they were so much fun to handle and watch. My short list also includes a Cuban boa...if I can ever find one again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dianne For This Useful Post:

Jakethesnake69 (10-09-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhompingWillow View Post
    Lol, I'm picturing a contest where we zoom around tables trying to be the first to nab the black pastel/cinny - and by zoom I mean slowly nudge through the hordes of people.
    *gently but forcefully pushing one another*
    "YES HELLO ID LIKE TO BUY THIS SNAKE DON'T MIND THE PERSON WITH THEIR THUMBS IN MY EYES THEY'RE JUST JEALOUS!"
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks
    I'm more of a variety gal so I say carpet.

- Summer

0.1 Bearded Dragon ("Reka")
    0.1 California Kingsnake ("Cleo")
    0.1 Cinnamon Spider Het. Albino Ball Python ("Syd")
    1.0 Hypo Bredl’s Python (“Oz”)

Account Disabled
    Thanks
    Voted for both but availability is a real question. I have never been to a reptile show so have no idea what one is like. I imagine the carpet will be much easier. Looking forward to seeing what actually transpires. Have fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast