Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,822

2 members and 2,820 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

For Those Whom Have Paypal

Im am not verified. I know there is a sending limit of like 5k but is there a limit on how much you can receive if you are not verified?

Thanks

Re: For Those Whom Have Paypal

Quote Originally Posted by reptidude1 View Post
    Im am not verified. I know there is a sending limit of like 5k but is there a limit on how much you can receive if you are not verified?
    What is PayPal's transaction limit?
    Question :
    Answer :
    The maximum amount allowed for a single transaction is $10,000 USD by a PayPal member.

If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can send a maximum of $4,000 USD for a one-time, single transaction.
    "So far this is the oldest that I've been"
    'If you can make it through the nite, there's a brighter day'
    "I'm out the game, put the 2nd string in."
    "live with the pain and keep trying or die knowing you never gave anything a chance"
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive"
    "No one can take away your dreams"

People for the Ethical Treatment of Agriculture

Thanks

I'd be weary of sending or receiving more than a few dollars through paypal. They have a bad history of holding, freezing, and locking peoples accounts and funds.

If you are doing a transaction of that size, do a wire, or escrow. Paypal blows...

Thanks

Also keep in mind that there is a $500 maximum per month that you can transfer into your bank account.

Why don't you just get verified?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WebbyD View Post
    I'd be weary of sending or receiving more than a few dollars through paypal. They have a bad history of holding, freezing, and locking peoples accounts and funds.

If you are doing a transaction of that size, do a wire, or escrow. Paypal blows...
    Yea good advice .If you wire money you had better know the other person well or you will be JACKED for sure
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
    Yea good advice .If you wire money you had better know the other person well or you will be JACKED for sure
    I put escrow in there, check it out sometime. It's helpful when dealing with someone of questionable integrity.

Assuming he is sending a few thousand dollars, as specified in his post he probably will know and trust the person he is sending that kind of money to. And in the event a person did try to scam him he could show via emails and other exchanges what the nature of the wire was.

When I buy and sell watches online those are the methods used. Paypal simply does not make sense when sending more than a few hundred.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

I put escrow in there, check it out sometime. It's helpful when dealing with someone of questionable integrity.

Assuming he is sending a few thousand dollars, as specified in his post he probably will know and trust the person he is sending that kind of money to. And in the event a person did try to scam him he could show via emails and other exchanges what the nature of the wire was.

When I buy and sell watches online those are the methods used. Paypal simply does not make sense when sending more than a few hundred.
    The Nigerian scammers accept wire transfers all the time and the poor souls that fall for it can show all the emails they want.They still never get the money back.So in my opinion wire transfers are stupid unless you have money to throw away
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
    The Nigerian scammers accept wire transfers all the time and the poor souls that fall for it can show all the emails they want.They still never get the money back.So in my opinion wire transfers are stupid unless you have money to throw away
    Now you're just being irrational.

Let's be real bro, if you were sending money to a scammer and they wanted it paypal would offer you no more protection than a wire transfer.

As I said above, if you are weary of the person or company you are transacting with, seek an escrow service.

If you send money to anyone, you should be able to trust the transaction. There is no such thing as a completely secure transaction, best you could hope for is charge back protection, but even that has it's limits.

Thanks

I've been using PayPal pretty much since it was invented, and it's never done me wrong... I had to request money back a few times (non-received items, etc), and they were quick and helpful in returning it. They even helped when I stupidly sent a down payment (on a snake) as a "gift," and quickly realized the guy was a fake - it was only $100, but PayPal refunded it and closed the dude's account within days.
    Lolo's Collection...
    Ball Pythons: 0.4 Normals, 1.0 Pastel, 1.1 Mojaves, 1.0 Black Pastel, 2.0 Spiders, 0.1 Lesser, 1.0 Orange Ghost, 0.1 Honeybee
    0.1 Spotted Python, 1.1 Stimson's Pythons, 1.0 Jungle Carpet Python
    3.4 Corn Snakes, 1.1 Western Hognose Snakes, 1.2 cats, and 1.0 dog (47lb mutt)