Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,927

4 members and 1,923 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Aggression = Shedding??

I'm hoping my blind girl is going to shed soon. Her eyes have blued and she has kind of dulled in color. My question is, how common is aggression when they are getting ready to shed. She snapped at me today! First time. And there was excessive hissing.

She was so angry i was forced to skip her eye cream today. I'm just hoping these are good signs 🙂 thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Eyes blue and color dull definitely means shed, and yes they tend to gain alittle attitude while in shed!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to highqualityballz For This Useful Post:

mama_arty (03-29-2017)

Thanks
    Since she's blind, her eyes going blue doesn't have to do with her aggression like it would w/ a seeing snake. The eyes are dulled, so they can't see anything, but not the case with your girl.

Maybe she just wants to be left alone? Snakes are vulnerable during shedding, she's probably seeing you as a predator. My snake trusts me as much as she probably ever will, but in shed I know not to mess with her, she'll bite me if I give her the chance.
    1.0- Pastel het Pied- Khaa

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PythonBabes For This Useful Post:

Dezoruba (03-29-2017),mama_arty (03-29-2017)

Thanks

Re: Aggression = Shedding??

She's not clinically blind... just to clarify. I call her blind because, from the vets guess, she has retained eye caps that significantly limiting her vision.
    Originally her eyes were dark around the outside but the center is a starbursted sort of silver... since starting her eye medication , in hopes to avoid surgical removal of the retained caps at UC Davis, we started her on an eye cream.
    After a couple days they turned a foggy blue color, and have since returned to a dull version of the original description. But now she's angry.
    Hope that makes sense.
    I'm just hoping the added anger is a sign she's going to shed. The vet says she won't be surprised if she sheds soon. Pointed out a couple of off colored scales. But this would be my first shed with a BP so I'm not sure what all the signs are.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk