Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,007

3 members and 3,004 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Future pairings, thoughts and discussion. (everyone)

Hello everyone!

Well I bought a hatchling male that I will get soon to go with my year old female.
    I plan to breed in two years.

She is a BEL (Less/moj) and he is a banana (male maker), Mojave, Black Pastel.

I don't know if she has any hidden genetics because I got her 3-4th handed and that's all they knew. Could be interesting when I get my first clutch in 2 years lol

Anyway that had me thinking. What are you all doing? Anybody have some cool projects they are working on or just some pet snakes that they are breeding?

Just curious and hope to see some awesome hatchlings. (Watching new hatchling videos has become a new addiction to me lol)

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel_Effler For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (02-09-2022)

Thanks

Re: Future pairings, thoughts and discussion. (everyone)

This is my female and the male I am getting.

I'm hoping he gets a nice grey background and freckles as he matures. I'm a little confused of if he will have the freckles or not. The black pastel supposed to increase the freckles in bananas but the Mojave lessens them. So Im thinking I will probably just have a few here and there, but I really don't know.

This is what morph market says the pairing will produce.
    1/8 (4 gene )
    3/8 (3 gene )
    3/8 (2 gene )
    1/8 (1 gene )

Half will be Banana (males)

3/8 will be BEL (2/3 of those being super mojave)

1/4 will be Black Magic (some with additional genes and half of those banana)

The rest are just other combinations of the genes.

What I am wanting out of the pairing is to produce more BEL and the Black magic. The banana is just for fun because I like seeing how banana combines with genes and makes some beautiful hatchlings.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel_Effler For This Useful Post:

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

I was at a reptile expo a few years ago and a guy had a table of nothing but banana morphs. It appeared that he had crossed banana with everything in his collection. I was surprised how many combinations of banana actually had lost color as hatchlings compared to a single gene specimen. No doubt the adults are likely to fade even further.

As for amusing projects: I have had possible Albino Hets kicking around in my population for a while and I finally confirmed breeders as 100% Het last year. One of them is a Het Albino/Het Pied female that has been consistently producing ringers. I am crossing her to a Lavender Albino male this season. I am interested to see if I can visually identify the double-het Albino/Lav Albinos vs. Het Albino and in the event I should happen to produce a triple het...if it will be a ringer of note.
    *.* TNTC

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sorril For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (02-09-2022),Daniel_Effler (04-01-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sorril View Post
    I was at a reptile expo a few years ago and a guy had a table of nothing but banana morphs. It appeared that he had crossed banana with everything in his collection. I was surprised how many combinations of banana actually had lost color as hatchlings compared to a single gene specimen. No doubt the adults are likely to fade even further.

As for amusing projects: I have had possible Albino Hets kicking around in my population for a while and I finally confirmed breeders as 100% Het last year. One of them is a Het Albino/Het Pied female that has been consistently producing ringers. I am crossing her to a Lavender Albino male this season. I am interested to see if I can visually identify the double-het Albino/Lav Albinos vs. Het Albino and in the event I should happen to produce a triple het...if it will be a ringer of note.
    That's why I got the black pastel banana. I actually like the adult version better than the hatchling. It's one of the few bananas I've seen so far I like the adult better in. The purplish grey background with yellow spots is what I am hoping to get.

But nothing can beat a banana hatchling at impulse sales lol. Sadly most do know know that they change so much as they grow.

Are the albinos allylic with lavender albinos? The double hey may produce a visual. I know the candy is compatible with albino so I would think lavender albino would be also.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel_Effler For This Useful Post:

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Effler View Post
    Are the albinos allylic with lavender albinos? The double hey may produce a visual. I know the candy is compatible with albino so I would think lavender albino would be also.
    I'm fairly certain that the two albino types are not allelic---I know there is a lot of 'XYZ big breeder says so and so' about this morph combo and that, but, I like to observe personally.
    *.* TNTC

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Sorril For This Useful Post:

Daniel_Effler (04-01-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sorril View Post
    I'm fairly certain that the two albino types are not allelic---I know there is a lot of 'XYZ big breeder says so and so' about this morph combo and that, but, I like to observe personally.
    Definitely let us know how it goes!

Thanks

Got the male I will be pairing with my female! Maybe next year if I’m lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniel_Effler For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (02-09-2022),TofuTofuTofu (04-30-2021)

Thanks

I’m thinking my next set will be something to get albino clown but I also want another female with cinnamon so I can make some 8 ball. So I think my next will be an albino cinnamon het clown or cinnamon double het clown and albino.

But then that opens a whole can of worms on the different flavors of albino. Do I want to do straight albino or candy or toffee? If I go with one of the hets I could work towards a candinos or I could go a completely different route and do lavender albino. So many possibilities there. It’s hard to wrap my head around all the different variations and what makes them different from each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

I don't do breeding, don't really plan on doing it, Beans will stay my one-brain-celled emotin support for now lol. but it's really cool to hear about your breeding plans and such!
    Be kind, and inspire others to be kind.

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts
    You got the BEL 3rd or 4th handed at only a year old, no knowledge of who bred it, what genes it may contain and you still want to breed it? How are you going to prevent any snakes you produce from ending up bouncing from home to home that quickly or worse? It's not only about what you make, it's about where those snake lives end up and when it's an animal that can live for 40+ years, I wish people would really consider where those babies go long term, not just what they may look like.

2.0 Python brongersmai
    1.1 Python breitensteini
    1.0 Python curtus
    1.0.1 Python regius
    1.0 Acrantophis dumerili
    1.0 Boa constrictor
    0.1 Heterodon nasiscus nasiscus
    0.0.1 Pantherophis guttatus

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoingPostal For This Useful Post:

BeansTheDerp (05-11-2021),Hugsplox (05-11-2021),jmcrook (05-11-2021)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast