Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,367

4 members and 3,363 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: " Busy" clutch

Thanks

" Busy" clutch

Hi all, I've got a lovely clutch of "busy" patterned babies that have me scratching my head. Mom is a 3 yr old visual normal (het pied) who passed through a few owners before I got her in October (2018). I didn't breed her this season but somebody must have paired her up at some point because a few months ago she surprised me with 5 healthy eggs. The hatchlings are all very similar to each other (enough so that I have to refer to pictures to keep them straight when out of the bin)...they are uniformly busy in pattern, relatively dark background color, and have some interesting headstamps along with moustaches and booger spots depending on the specific hatchling. After digging around and checking characteristics, I am leaning towards spotnose, but unfortunately, neither I nor any of my breeder/reptile friends work with that morph. All we know and agree on is that they are not norma... but none of us are sure beyond that. They ARE quite lovely little snakes...I'm just trying to confirm/identify the morph so I can list them properly to sell and decide if I want to hold one or two back to play with. And if the consensus is "normal" than so be it. :-)

Here's a dropbox link to their pictures...I tried to provide images of each overall, then head, nose/lips and belly -some images are blurry but do show moustaches/spots which are relevant. Input is definitely appreciated!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qf84v9idl...084m7mYka?dl=0

Thanks!

Jill
    Jill

1.0 firefly yellowbelly, 1.0 pastel het pied het SK axanthic, 1.0 pewter het pied, 1.0 Graziani pastel, 1.0 GHI, 1.0 piebald, 1.0 superpastel, 1.0 ivory, 0.1 vanilla mojave, 0.1 vanilla, 0.1 trick yellowbelly, 0.1 yellowbelly, 0.1 lesser fire, 0.1 bamboo, 0.1 woma, .01 pastel enchi, 0.3 multi-het mystery girls

this is why I don't keep potato chips in the house....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Re: " Busy" clutch

Interesting! I'm not seeing Spotnose. Being Het Pied can mess with the pattern a bit all by itself. I think they are Normal but #5 does look bright and more patterned plus the head stamp. It could be a lightening gene like Fire, Vanilla, or Sulfer. Have to grow them up and prove them out. Congrats, whatever they are.

Thanks
    I don't know much about morphs but I just wanted to mention how cute they are and I like the folder names. Thing 1 through 5, lol "thing", that made me laugh.

Thanks

They really are very cute (and curious!). Yep, I appreciate the humor of the "Things 1-5" - good to start your day with a chuckle.

Thanks!
    Jill

1.0 firefly yellowbelly, 1.0 pastel het pied het SK axanthic, 1.0 pewter het pied, 1.0 Graziani pastel, 1.0 GHI, 1.0 piebald, 1.0 superpastel, 1.0 ivory, 0.1 vanilla mojave, 0.1 vanilla, 0.1 trick yellowbelly, 0.1 yellowbelly, 0.1 lesser fire, 0.1 bamboo, 0.1 woma, .01 pastel enchi, 0.3 multi-het mystery girls

Thanks

Thanks for the input. I'll check out the sulfur gene for sure. Much appreciated!
    Jill