Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,344

1 members and 1,343 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: My snake had something stuck in his butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    About all I can say then is good luck.

BTW, he still COULD have worms possibly causing this...they only get worse with time. Do you feed live or f/t? Was he ever fed live?

But again, without a good diagnosis (vet!) you should not treat for worms as all medications have some risks & you have to get it right.
    He eats freshly killed rats. The only thing I can think of it being is that when he shed he peed and when he peed (you can kinda see their stuff peep out) he somehow got some small piece of aspen stuck to his stuff and when it went back in it got stuck? I looked like he was bleeding a bit so that's all I can think of it being. This is the first time he has acted like this.

Thanks

Could he be...horny? He has locked with my females for a bit and has been good at it but with everything going on I planned to stop breeding them. I just read something about males thrashing around when a female is near..

Thanks
    Thanked 19,824 Times in 11,843 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon&Sherman View Post
    Could he be...horny? He has locked with my females for a bit and has been good at it but with everything going on I planned to stop breeding them. I just read something about males thrashing around when a female is near..
    Not seeing him, who knows? Could be? I asked that earlier...when you said he's wanting out, there's a reason for that, maybe too hot, maybe to breed, etc.
    I've mostly been addressing your observations- blood, seems in pain, thrashing, aspen stuck in cloaca. Like I said, not seeing him & being online, cannot Dx.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 03-24-2020 at 02:50 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There are no pictures, and what I call a vague description of someone who appears to have limited experience yet you ask people to diagnose your animal online, that is just not gonna happen, you need to see a vet.

Yes times are different and things make it a little more complicated than usual but it can/need to happen, I had to take one if my dogs to a vet last week and things were different, curbside pickup of my dog and the vet talk to me on the phone while I was in my car but vets still see animals and it is still the responsibility of an owner to provide their animals proper care.

Keep in mind that in some state while not providing proper food, shelter etc falls under animal cruelty but some states take is a step further and withdrawing withdrawing necessary veterinary care also falls under animal cruelty.

So some food for the thoughts, not only withdrawing care can be illegal but it is also not the right thing to do.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 03-24-2020 at 03:36 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-24-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Not seeing him, who knows? Could be? I asked that earlier...when you said he's wanting out, there's a reason for that, maybe too hot, maybe to breed, etc.
    I've mostly been addressing your observations- blood, seems in pain, thrashing, aspen stuck in cloaca. Like I said, not seeing him & being online, cannot Dx.
    I hope he's just horny but I just read someones snake did that when being paired so it might be that. The other stuff is concerning though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon&Sherman View Post
    Okay guys this is something I never thought I would have to say but I think my snake has something stuck in his butt. He was okay before he shed and acted fine but today after he shed I took him out he would thrash around when I tried to handle him. He has never done this. I thought well maybe he needs more hiding places or something and just needs to chill. I take him out again later but notice there's what looks like a small piece of aspen stuck in his butt. I kinda pulled a little at it and his butt opened a little and he thrashed a whole lot. I later saw that the piece was gone but when I popped him I found it inside his vent with what also looked like a small amount of blood. A vet isn't an option due to what all is happening. I am a minor so I don't have a say in whether I can take him or not. Any advice? Last night while I was sleeping I could hear some thrashing in his tub and a few minutes ago I heard some. I hate seeing him so uncomfortable. I haven't gotten any new snakes recently.

I'm an amateur in all this. Heck, I don't even have a snake (or reptile of any kind sadly) yet. But to me it seems like there may be a chance that it got stuck in the cloaca. May I suggest putting the snake on something like eco-earth mixed with forest floor? (Sorry I don't have a solution to the problem at hand)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PToner View Post
    I'm an amateur in all this. Heck, I don't even have a snake (or reptile of any kind sadly) yet. But to me it seems like there may be a chance that it got stuck in the cloaca. May I suggest putting the snake on something like eco-earth mixed with forest floor? (Sorry I don't have a solution to the problem at hand)
    I went ahead and put him on my old schoolwork lol

Thanks

If it works, it works.

Thanks

@Stuart_Reptiles, from what I heard, they weren't keeping the animal from the proper care. I know that things can be more difficult with all that's going on. But being rude isn't helping the situation. Being kind and helpful is all that we can do right now. Please just try not to be rude. I get that it wasn't too detailed, but sometimes it's hard to describe what's going on.
    Last edited by PToner; 03-24-2020 at 03:11 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PToner For This Useful Post:

Sharon&Sherman (03-24-2020)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PToner View Post
    @Stuart_Reptiles, from what I heard, they weren't keeping the animal from the proper care. I know that things can be more difficult with all that's going on. But being rude isn't helping the situation. Being kind and helpful is all that we can do right now. Please just try not to be rude. I get that it wasn't too detailed, but sometimes it's hard to describe what's going on.
    Might want to re-read my post
    Telling the truth and being rude are 2 different things.

Facts are this is a vague descriptions (didn't know the word vague was rude) and based on that description I can tell the OP has limited experience (didn't know that was rude either) also fact NO ONE can diagnose a snake online, another fact when concerned the animal should be taken to a vet, not being willing to take this animal to a vet when being concerned is withdrawing veterinary care which again can be against the law in some state, now if YOU find this RUDE, well that is YOUR interpretation, reading something between the lines that is not there and maybe being a little too sensitive falls on you (not a good combination on a online forum)

I am not here to hold people's hand I am here to give advice based on FACTS.

Now back to the regular programing.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 03-24-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (03-25-2020)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast