Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,317

1 members and 3,316 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Re: Game of Thrones SPOILERS

there's still so many questions. i was really hoping that Brand would call out to the Night King and get him to talk before one of them had died.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    I was happy they went with a twist! I didn’t want it to be a John vs night king thing.
    it was a double-twist. Arya and then the feint dropping of the dagger. i just don't know how they will close the loop on the Prince That Was Promised prophecy now. has it been Arya all along?

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    The last episode was entertaining and the story line was fine but for all the money that had to be spent making it they could have at least dropped a couple dollars on some military advisers and historians to add just a tad bit of realism. I spent the first half hour cussing at the screen with my wife telling me the whole time to shut up it is just a tv show.
    i'm not a military person but have played enough video games to know those were some dumb tactics by both sides. why not start w/ the dragons torching the dead while they were still miles out? why attack the front gates only and not flank all of Winterfell?

Quote Originally Posted by JRLongton View Post
    I love that Arya killed the NK, but there was something that bothered me.

The White Walkers have been built up as this looming existential threat across the entire series. The very first episode opens with the nascent WW army. And yet that entire eight year set up is resolved in a single episode? Even in GoT, which delights in disappointing its fans, this was a bit much.

It was established last season that each of the WW lieutenants had created their own wights, not just the NK. I'd have preferred that the NK is defeated but that the WWs carry on in a much reduced capacity. That way Winterfell could be saved and the WW could still threaten.

Ah, still a great show, so long as Cersei gets what's coming to her!
    totes agreement. also i had a box of tissue waiting for a higher body count of the main characters and heroes. also Cersei has proven smarter to stay out of it. now Dany and Jon are way down in their army numbers.

anyways every fan theory out here was way better than what really happened in The Long Night. i enjoyed it still and hope the last 3 are mindblowing.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Tyrion will sit on the throne with Sansa as queen. John will be king in the north and Danny will be queen if she lives. Most of the rest are going to die.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

JRLongton (05-03-2019)

Thanks

i rewatched The Long Night this weekend and came to appreciate it more for it's direction, cinematography and score.

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Tyrion will sit on the throne with Sansa as queen. John will be king in the north and Danny will be queen if she lives. Most of the rest are going to die.
    i think i saw a hint of romance blossoming between Sansa and Tyrion in the crypt scenes and for a second thought they were gonna form a suicide pact when the dead rose from the cypts and they were hiding.

ok we see a divide growing between Dany and Jon in The Last Stark, and allegiances seems to be shifting. and i have krazy theory i'm piecing together from here and there. Dany will betray Jon when the secret gets out to everyone and she is quickly overthrown. Jon passes judgement and has to execute her (per Ned's code) but he stabs her through the heart b/c of love or whatever. his sword catches on fire as he is revealing him to be The Prince That Was Promised and Dany turns into the Night Queen white walker and somehow escapes North of the Wall. i'm sure that's how Azor Ahai won the first battle w/ the White Walkers by sacrificing/killing his love. i'm not sure how the last dragon Drogon will play into this tho.

Edit: Dany kills Drogon and takes him w/ her. and we all get the GOT movie in like 20years.
    Last edited by Ax01; 05-06-2019 at 04:08 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    i rewatched The Long Night this weekend and came to appreciate it more for it's direction, cinematography and score.

i think i saw a hint of romance blossoming between Sansa and Tyrion in the crypt scenes and for a second thought they were gonna form a suicide pact when the dead rose from the cypts and they were hiding.

ok we see a divide growing between Dany and Jon in The Last Stark, and allegiances seems to be shifting. and i have krazy theory i'm piecing together from here and there. Dany will betray Jon when the secret gets out to everyone and she is quickly overthrown. Jon passes judgement and has to execute her (per Ned's code) but he stabs her through the heart b/c of love or whatever. his sword catches on fire as he is revealing him to be The Prince That Was Promised and Dany turns into the Night Queen white walker and somehow escapes North of the Wall. i'm sure that's how Azor Ahai won the first battle w/ the White Walkers by sacrificing/killing his love. i'm not sure how the last dragon Drogon will play into this tho.
    Your guess is much more exciting than mine. I just think the dwarf is the one that should sit on the throne. He is the most capable of them all. This last episode I didn't care for too much. Too much "romance", and more military blunders. I still can't figure out how that many people are still left alive. Hopefully the next episode kicks it back up a couple notches.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

Thanks
    omg Dany what have u done?! taht was a quick heel turn. i knew she was going mad in last night's episode when Vary's said she hasn't eaten, slept or left her chambers since Cersei executed Missandei and then in the 1st scene when i saw her disheveled hair and braids (lol). anyways i really enjoyed this episode. it was long on destruction (too long?) and short on dialogue, but the lines hit hard. also the Clegane Bowl delivered.
    Last edited by Ax01; 05-13-2019 at 08:21 PM. Reason: really bad grammer and spelling
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Thanks
    Dany's character change was not well developed and far too abrupt. I kind of get why she would torch the city, wanting to rule by fear instead of love, but not really.

Watching the episode last night, I could just keep thinking, really? REALLY? So they want to end with Dany as the mad queen taking after her father, but they just haven't developed that. For years, seasons 1-7 they set her up as the benevolent "Breaker of Chains". Now over the course of what, 10 minutes screen time, she's a crazed lunatic burning women and children? Nah, it doesn't wash.

This could be the reasonalbe ending of the show, but they needed more time, a lot more time, to develop that. This should've been a normal 10 episode season with one more to follow, then they'd have had time to do this right. It just seems rushed now.

GoT season 8 reminds me of the HBO series Rome. Season one was killer. They initially planned to do five seasons, but after the first they only got the green light for one more. So, season two was rushed and lackluster. It's too bad.
    Last edited by JRLongton; 05-14-2019 at 08:21 AM.
    \m/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JRLongton For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (05-15-2019)

Thanks
    I'm a bit worried how the last episode will play out but I'm sure it's likely that Arya or Jon will kill Dany. Honestly though as long as Tyrion, Arya, and Ghost live that's all I care about. I'd love to see a romance between Tyrion and Sansa but I doubt it will happen... I'm mad how the show ruined Jaime's character growth by having him leave Brienne and go back to Cersei!

What ever happened to Nymeria and her army of wolves? Do you guys think she will come back in the final episode to help destroy Dany?
    Winry-Pastel Vanilla BP

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kira For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (05-15-2019)

Thanks

I agree with everyone saying this was a bit rushed. You saw bits and pieces of Dany's descent into madness, but I think there needed to more episodes to really get a feel for that. This sacking of King's Landing felt very abrupt. I understand she lost her "real" advisers and people she trusts: Jora, Missandei, Sir Baren, etc. I understand she feels alone and unloved and hates Westeros. But in the books, Martin makes it very clear that all Dany wants and has ever really wanted is a home and security, and I think throughout we've seen that; she wants a home, she wants people to be free and happy, and she thinks she can affect these changes by taking the throne is Westeros. Yes she's killed soldiers, but the wanton slaughter of women and children seems completely outside of everything the show has built. I wanted to see more of why she went down this path. As I told my husband, if Cersei has flown in on a dragon and destroyed the city, no one would've said a word. But because it was Dany, people are outraged lol

I read an article that I found super interesting: it stated that Targaryans are possibly driven mad by their connection to dragons, by their "dragon blood" or magic (obviously being able to walk through fire, etc). It pulled a lot of different sources from Martin's books and histories, how those Targaryans that were closest to the dragons were also the ones that ended up being the most cruel and destructive. Even the Mad King, Dany's father, talked about turning into a dragon. It's a path that the show could've explored, and would explain a lot of Dany's behavior... she's "being a dragon."

So,anyway, I'm going to choose this as my personal head canon lol

I've been rooting for Dany from the first so yeah, I was disappointed. I get why the show did it, and I understand that she pretty much has to die at this point - Jon Snow isn't going to let her continue as she is. He has far too much Stark in him. And that's going to be super sad and suck. But still... I'm not ANGRY like some people I've talked to. I think the episode was beautifully done. The effects were wonderful, the music was perfect (as always). It's a natural progression of a show that has always been shocking and sometimes distasteful, but always captivating. I bet no one turned the TV off and walked away when she started burning.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kira View Post
    I'm a bit worried how the last episode will play out but I'm sure it's likely that Arya or Jon will kill Dany. Honestly though as long as Tyrion, Arya, and Ghost live that's all I care about. I'd love to see a romance between Tyrion and Sansa but I doubt it will happen... I'm mad how the show ruined Jaime's character growth by having him leave Brienne and go back to Cersei!
    the show closed 2 redemption arcs - Theon and The Hound Sandor Clegane. Sandor's was really well done esp. his last scene w/ Arya. i agree that Jamie's falls short. i think Tyrion might be done for. he's gotta pay up to Bronn and i'm not too sure he could sell madd Dany on giving up High Garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Kira View Post
    What ever happened to Nymeria and her army of wolves? Do you guys think she will come back in the final episode to help destroy Dany?
    i was totally expecting Nymeria and her wolf army to show up and fight the army of the dead. i read somewhere that the wolves were really expensive to animate tho but they better show up in the final episode otherwise it's a wasted opportunity and plothole.

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    I agree with everyone saying this was a bit rushed. You saw bits and pieces of Dany's descent into madness, but I think there needed to more episodes to really get a feel for that. This sacking of King's Landing felt very abrupt. I understand she lost her "real" advisers and people she trusts: Jora, Missandei, Sir Baren, etc. I understand she feels alone and unloved and hates Westeros. But in the books, Martin makes it very clear that all Dany wants and has ever really wanted is a home and security, and I think throughout we've seen that; she wants a home, she wants people to be free and happy, and she thinks she can affect these changes by taking the throne is Westeros. Yes she's killed soldiers, but the wanton slaughter of women and children seems completely outside of everything the show has built. I wanted to see more of why she went down this path. As I told my husband, if Cersei has flown in on a dragon and destroyed the city, no one would've said a word. But because it was Dany, people are outraged lol
    she was also rejected by Jon right? i think he chose to be a servant to Queen rather than a lover or whatever. after that, she prob considered him a threat. i think the show ends in Winterfell, where Dany tracks down Jon. Jon walks through dragon fire, captures and executes her per my theory above. or here's another crazy one: Jon dies, Arya uses his face to get close to Dany. she lets down her guard after hearing how he was already previously murdered and returned to life and Arya gets stabby while wearing Jon's mask.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Thanks
    Yeah, I'm making two predictions:

1. Arya Kills Daenerys; and
    2. Jamie isn't dead, yet.
    \m/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast