Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,855

3 members and 2,852 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    I’m sorry but I have to be honest. Your doing everything wrong, everything! Plz for the sake of your snake u listen to us
    I’m just a bill sitting on top of capital hill.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-16-2019),Sonny1318 (10-16-2019)

Thanks
    So u let him have two tanks, and u let him run around in his room? He hasn’t eaten since July and now he is doing this... it’s time to start listening to us and change everything your doing. He isn’t happy.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-16-2019),Moose84 (10-16-2019),Sonny1318 (10-15-2019)

Thanks
    Do u have pics of this room u let him run around in?

and I promise u as much as u want to think he loves being with you it’s not true. I hate it because I’d love to think mine are happy with me but they would rather me never pick them up in the first place

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I talked it over with my husband and realized why and how it can be the bird. They've met quite a few times when Crowley would get up early, Jacob (the parrot) would always talk to him (from a distance or behind glass from the enclosure). Jacob was always happy and didn't look hostile at all... Till very recently, when Crowley gets up early, I get Jacob and sit with him while my husband gets Crowley to his room so we can keep them apart. Well recently Jacob has become jealous of Crowley (he wants all the attention to himself at all times) so he's been lunging at Crowley, they were very far apart but I guess Crowley must be scared of Jacob since then.

Even if he isn't scared of Jacob I feel as though it's best to move Crowley away from him. Thank you all for your advice. I will be moving Crowley's enclosure as soon as I can, probably tomorrow.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valyndris For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (10-15-2019),Bogertophis (10-15-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Ok... I remember (sort of) who Crowley is and your bond with him... And I had been reading the posts here as well as watched the vid...

Having your parrot so close to the snake enclosure... In a glass tank where he already can feel exposed from all sides... And some fur item as a 'bed' (I know of dog and cat beds... Even bunny beds. But snakes using a bed?)... If you are going to see him with human qualities, you should also sympathize him what you are putting him through. Love has nothing to do with it, even if he can love as a snake. He is stressed out and you are not helping him.

Crowley may be that special snake, but he is a snake first before anything else you hope or imagine him to be. His needs as a ball python comes first... One being feeling secure. Your snake is fine until he enter a his hide. Animals retreat to a hide for security and shelter. Instead of feeling that way, he 'spazzes' and appears conflicted: wanting to hide and be secure vs not being able to relax to do so being where he is. Do you not see that?

When I train dogs, one mantra has always true for most trainers: let dogs be dogs first and foremost. You can dress them up, cuddle them and baby talk them to no end. But for them to be trained and behave properly, you have to treat them like dogs.... Because no amount of baby talk will teach a dog not to jump on someone, or to listen to you when he runs off chasing a squirrel. What they are will always trump what you think they are.

Part of being its guardian means learning how to be humble. You can wrong, and I have found some really bad, outdated and incorrect husbandry info from supposedly decades long experienced breeders(not naming names) out there... So learning how to be humble and consider what the others are saying on this thread, will ultimately make you a better guardian for Crowley and a happier Crowley.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cheesenugget For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (10-15-2019),Annageckos (10-16-2019),Craiga 01453 (10-16-2019),Danger noodles (10-15-2019),Sonny1318 (10-16-2019),Valyndris (10-16-2019)

Thanks

Re: Ball python spazzing out during the day

Said it perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenugget View Post
    Ok... I remember (sort of) who Crowley is and your bond with him... And I had been reading the posts here as well as watched the vid...

Having your parrot so close to the snake enclosure... In a glass tank where he already can feel exposed from all sides... And some fur item as a 'bed' (I know of dog and cat beds... Even bunny beds. But snakes using a bed?)... If you are going to see him with human qualities, you should also sympathize him what you are putting him through. Love has nothing to do with it, even if he can love as a snake. He is stressed out and you are not helping him.

Crowley may be that special snake, but he is a snake first before anything else you hope or imagine him to be. His needs as a ball python comes first... One being feeling secure. Your snake is fine until he enter a his hide. Animals retreat to a hide for security and shelter. Instead of feeling that way, he 'spazzes' and appears conflicted: wanting to hide and be secure vs not being able to relax to do so being where he is. Do you not see that?

When I train dogs, one mantra has always true for most trainers: let dogs be dogs first and foremost. You can dress them up, cuddle them and baby talk them to no end. But for them to be trained and behave properly, you have to treat them like dogs.... Because no amount of baby talk will teach a dog not to jump on someone, or to listen to you when he runs off chasing a squirrel. What they are will always trump what you think they are.

Part of being its guardian means learning how to be humble. You can wrong, and I have found some really bad, outdated and incorrect husbandry info from supposedly decades long experienced breeders(not naming names) out there... So learning how to be humble and consider what the others are saying on this thread, will ultimately make you a better guardian for Crowley and a happier Crowley.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,148 Posts
    There has been so many good points made, I think many people just want what’s best for the whole situation. I’m in agreement with a possible overheat. But knowing how he is kept and the chances he could of easily came across something else harmful is hard to ignore. I keep all my snakes in tanks in my living room, at first I thought he was being a typical horny male. But after reading this and other previous posts, I’d recommend a vet trip. And definitely more conventional snake husbandry. Peace, hope it all works out.
    1.0 Black Pastel Pinstripe
    1.0 Reduced Pattern Clown
    1.0 Low White Pied
    1.0 Hypo Super Enchi

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonny1318 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-16-2019),Valyndris (10-16-2019)

Thanks
    He needs to be in one tank only that’s properly set up and away from the bird. I wouldn’t handle him until he eats. I think he has been so stressed out the past several months that is if don’t fix it soon u might see his health deteriorate the longer he is in this position.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I had put Crowley back in his main enclosure at 9pm when he was done resting in his hide in his room. The bird goes to bed in a separate cage upstairs at 7pm. I went to bed at 10:30pm and Crowley seemed to be doing okay, he had gone in his hide with the bed in it with his neck and tail out. I got up at 2am to check on him and saw him in his bed with the hide sitting horizontally and angled, looking all confused. Poor thing, I necked him, fixed the hide and put him back in. I have been glancing over once in a while, he tried going in the hide and spazzed it off again at 2:20am so I put the 2 brown hides in place of the black plastic ones with the beds. I am currently waiting to see if he goes to sleep in one of those.

If that doesn't work I will put him in his room to see if he can get some sleep there. This is only a temporary solution as I will be moving his enclosure to his room later today as soon as possible, I need 2 guys to lift it as I am just a woman with a currently messed up back. I will probably have to wait till after 4pm to move him when both my husband and my dad are done work as they are probably going to be the ones moving the tank, it's very huge and very heavy. I am currently taking measurements and moving things around in his room to fit his enclosure while I wait to see if he can get some sleep in the brown hide.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Ball python spazzing out during the day

Quote Originally Posted by Valyndris View Post
    I had put Crowley back in his main enclosure at 9pm when he was done resting in his hide in his room. The bird goes to bed in a separate cage upstairs at 7pm. I went to bed at 10:30pm and Crowley seemed to be doing okay, he had gone in his hide with the bed in it with his neck and tail out. I got up at 2am to check on him and saw him in his bed with the hide sitting horizontally and angled, looking all confused. Poor thing, I necked him, fixed the hide and put him back in. I have been glancing over once in a while, he tried going in the hide and spazzed it off again at 2:20am so I put the 2 brown hides in place of the black plastic ones with the beds. I am currently waiting to see if he goes to sleep in one of those.

If that doesn't work I will put him in his room to see if he can get some sleep there. This is only a temporary solution as I will be moving his enclosure to his room later today as soon as possible, I need 2 guys to lift it as I am just a woman with a currently messed up back. I will probably have to wait till after 4pm to move him when both my husband and my dad are done work as they are probably going to be the ones moving the tank, it's very huge and very heavy. I am currently taking measurements and moving things around in his room to fit his enclosure while I wait to see if he can get some sleep in the brown hide.
    Stop moving him from tank to tank... I'm not responding anymore, sorry.
    Well... Good luck.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cheesenugget For This Useful Post:

Annageckos (10-16-2019),Craiga 01453 (10-16-2019),Danger noodles (10-16-2019)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast