Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,811

0 members and 2,811 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Buying/selling

Thanks

Buying/selling

I recently made my first online snake purchase since about 2012ish. I sent the full amount via PayPal about 15 min after agreeing to buy the snake. For some reason, PayPal sent the money as an echeck so it said it would take about 5 days to clear. Again, I haven't used PayPal since at least 2012 so maybe I just did something wrong, whatever. I took a screenshot showing that I sent the money, sent the screenahot to the seller, and told the person the date on which it said it would clear. I recently got a message that it had cleared and notified the person. I saw the next day that they had marked the snake as "back on the market due to nonpayment" (and this was time marked before the anticipated clear date that PayPal had given me) but it was, at the same time, marked as sold, which it had not been before. The website I found it on has it marked as being back on the market when it had previously been marked as "on hold". The seller has notified me that the money was received and we agreed on a ship date. I guess I'm just going to wait and see what happens, but I'm assuming there was just a bit of confusion for some reason and the deal is still on....stuff happens. The seller has been nice while communicating and I have no reason to believe that he/she has any bad intentions. It just seems to me that the confusion came about because the money was not available immediately. I've bought and sold snakes in the past, and even had people pay with money orders, which was a pain and took longer but getting paid is getting paid. I'm wondering if the increase in smartphone/technology that has happened in the past 6-7 years effects how fast buyers/sellers anticipate deals to go through.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Most breedesr will use and post the picture of the actual animal so when sold or on hold it will not become available again unless the deal falls through.

A few breeders however or sellers will use stock photos which means when sold out it will show that but soon as the morph is back in stock it will show as available again.

So this could explain why the animal is back on the market

If you bought from a REPUTABLE breeder and they acknowledge payment and you agreed on a shipping date there is nothing to worry about, the question is did you but from a reputable breeder?

I'm wondering if the increase in smartphone/technology that has happened in the past 6-7 years effects how fast buyers/sellers anticipate deals to go through.
    Not really you either get the funds or partial funds (deposit) or you don't.

For most breeder it's pretty simple if there is no fund or proof that funds are on their way the animal remains available.
    Deborah Stewart

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (07-17-2018)

Thanks
    I use paypal a good bit and I have no idea what an echeck is. Generally you just click and money is sent. If there is a delay, it could be due to whatever you have that backs your paypal funds? You can have it linked to a bank account, credit card, etc... as well as having a balance in your actual paypal account.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dboeren For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (07-17-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. My PayPal is linked directly to my bank account. I assume that my credit union's policies were the reason for the delay. On my end, the money was out of my account the next day.
    I did not have an issue with the person leaving the ad up..it had been immediately been marked as "on hold" when I sent the payment, I just found it odd that it was back on the market after he/she actually received the money. It was also marked as back on the market due to nonpayment on Sunday (on the seller's personal site) from what I can tell, when PayPal had said it would clear on tues. I think if it was me I would have at least waited until Tuesday morning to mark as a nonpayment. As far as proof of payment, I really didn't have anything other than the screenshot from PayPal, which was really all I could do. I guess it was lucky that the payment did in fact actually show up a day earlier than the PayPal date.
    I think the whole thing was just a weird error, and because it didn't go through immediately the person began to suspect I didn't send it. Not the end of the world as long as the seller would habe been prepared to give me a full refund if the snake would have sold the day before my money went through as stated.
    This was an ad with an individual photo and description. The seller seems to be reputable, no one had anything bad to say that I saw.

Thanks
    As long as you actually get your snake then I'd just write it off as an oddity.

Thanks
    This little guy did in fact show up right on time, and took his first f/t meal about 36 hours after settling in.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kristan For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (07-26-2018),the_rotten1 (07-23-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    ^ wow! that's a neat lil Butter/Lesser. between the dark lil GTP and this lil one, u have an eye for the beautiful and interesting. congrats!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292