Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,462

1 members and 2,461 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Kalabash reduction gene present?

I bought a couple of ball pythons from Tropical Tom Parker, arguably the leading breeder of Kalabash morph ball pythons is the world.
    I bought an Enchi Kalabash het pied, and a pastel het pied. This thread is about the pastel het pied. Tom had several pastel het pieds for sale, and this one was the most expensive of his collection due to the extreme reduced pattern. The more I look at this animal, the more I think it carries the Kalabash gene.
    I emailed the breeder, Tom Parker about it, to ask if this female had any Kalabash parents, but he just said, “I will check”, and then forgot and never got back to me.
    Check out these extreme Kalabash like-patterns in her black bands, and no spots! I searched all of morph market for single-gene pastels and not a single ONE had such a reduced pattern.

What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

the_rotten1 (09-17-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    very cool! she sure is reduced pattern. i'm not familiar enough Kalabash to make that ID but i did meet and got to chat w/ Tropical Tom for a long time this past July at our summer show: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...ummer-2018-Pix! nice man but very old skool esp. w/ technology it seems. he had some cool animals including Dragon makers. i would f/u w/ Tom again or any of the KRG breeders u can find on Morphmarket or this guy who pops onto the forum every now and then: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-clutches-2018
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

Re: Kalabash reduction gene present?

Thanks AX, it was not sold as a Kalabash and I didn’t pay for that gene, so it’s all good either way.
    She will prove out as Kalabash or not for me one day.

Thanks

Also... agree with AX, Tom is a great guy, and has wonderful animals, he’s just not very savvy about internet communication, which can be frustrating but I won’t hold it against him. He’s been in the hobby for over 50 years!

Thanks

Bamp.
    Anyone have any guesses at what is going on with this extreme reduced banding on this pastel from Tropical Tom? I’m still thinking it has the KRG gene and I got lucky I didn’t get charged for it!!!
    I once again just perused morphmarket for single gene pastels and not ONE even cane close to having this kind of patterning.
    It was sold to me as a Pastel 100% het piebald.

Thanks
    After doing a bit of reading and browsing of pics, I'm pretty sure there is kalabash in there, it looks like many of the others out there, just with pastel as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,898 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    I bought a couple of ball pythons from Tropical Tom Parker, arguably the leading breeder of Kalabash morph ball pythons is the world.
    I bought an Enchi Kalabash het pied, and a pastel het pied. This thread is about the pastel het pied. Tom had several pastel het pieds for sale, and this one was the most expensive of his collection due to the extreme reduced pattern. The more I look at this animal, the more I think it carries the Kalabash gene.
    I emailed the breeder, Tom Parker about it, to ask if this female had any Kalabash parents, but he just said, “I will check”, and then forgot and never got back to me.
    Check out these extreme Kalabash like-patterns in her black bands, and no spots! I searched all of morph market for single-gene pastels and not a single ONE had such a reduced pattern.

What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well it's a beautiful snake for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Cheros (10-03-2018),Knowell (10-03-2018)