Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,231

0 members and 3,231 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

BlueEL, which combo, curious about Russo

I'm looking at the different combos to make blue eyes leucistics and what would go well with what I currently have. I'd like to add a white ball to my collection and want the combination to add the most to what I currently have. I'm thinking something with lesser in it since I like them on there own and how they pair with the other genes I have and plan to add.
    I noticed the Russo gene is supposed to make clean white snakes, same with lesser combos. But I'm curious what the Russo gene does in combos? Particularly with what I have and plan to add in the near future: pastel, coral glow, Enchi, and clown.
    Is it like the yellow belly and fire genes, where it does have a subtle but noticeable effect but really pops with certain combos? Or would I be better off with mojave or mystic that would have a more noticeable effect when paired with the other genes? Like most, if like the combo that gives the best chance for a pure white as an adult, but I'm happy with off white if the genes would pair better with my others. I plan it to be a male since with my current long term plans, my only males with have CG in them, and I'd like a male that doesn't contain that gene. Kyle pastel, enchi, and future clown will be female. And hopefully some combos of them in the future.

I'm still in the recovering funds after a forced 2 month vacation. So I'm still building plans that in hoping to get a good start on this summer. Doing research on what I like as a single gene and that I like the combos they make. It's just a hobby for me so, I'm following the advice of breed what I like and be picky on only obtaining what I think is the best representation of the gene. I got lucky on my first three, I didn't know how to compare them, and now that I've learned what to look for, I'm happy with the ones I have.

Thanks for the advice and opinions,
    Kyle

Ps, for reading all my rambling. here's a picture of my enchi girl mid shed. I love there look right before going blue, when thy have a red tone and a blue iridescence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 04-24-2017 at 11:04 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    I am officially in Bamboo camp. I don't have the money at the moment but do intend to add one to my collection. They are, in my view, singular among all the complex snakes (of each of the known complexes), and stand out as some of the best looking BPs around.

That said, I think lessers/butters and bamboos should make the cleanest BELs. I believe all the other snakes are darker and produce a little more color in the final snake than pure white.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Oxylepy For This Useful Post:

Ballpythonguy92 (04-26-2017)

Thanks

Re: BlueEL, which combo, curious about Russo

Thanks Deborah, I didn't know that site had that option to look at the morphs.
    Those bamboo combos are sweet. Still a bit pricy for me at the moment. But I've noticed they've come down a bit recently.

Kyle

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kroberts10 For This Useful Post:

Oxylepy (04-25-2017)

Registered User Ballpythonguy92's Avatar
    Thanks

I just seen a bamboo het Russo I died lol I'm in love I've always loved Russo and always loved the bamboo since I first seen both and been saving up and waiting for bamboos to hit my area but it still hasn't happened lol

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

I still love my super lesser Bel - but she does seem to be developing a weird eye issue as she ages.

Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

She's a beauty, and looks to be pretty good sized too. What sort of issue has she been developing?

Kyle

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

it's an odd one - her right eye seems to be revolving in it's socket so that a segment of the back of the eye has become visible.

No signs of swelling or vision impairment though - but it has made me reconsider producing any more super lessers and focusing on mojave/lesser combo's.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (04-27-2017)

Thanks

That is odd. I'm curious if it is a genetic trait, or if it's something that's just something with her.

Kyle

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    it's an odd one - her right eye seems to be revolving in it's socket so that a segment of the back of the eye has become visible.

No signs of swelling or vision impairment though - but it has made me reconsider producing any more super lessers and focusing on mojave/lesser combo's.
    I love BELs and I love lessers, but I am also avoiding lesser to lesser. Mojave to Lesser to make the white ones seems to be the safest path with the exception of the Cherry Bomb I am chasing. I wonder how many issues are going to turn up as the Super Lessers age. How old is your girl?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast