Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,117

0 members and 2,117 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Caesar progression thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Stearns84 View Post
    Gene's doimg ok in his T10. Need a big ass cage soon!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Yeah but Gene doesnt seem as pushy as Caesar. I swear i spoiled him as a baby and now he is a forceful little brat when he doesnt get what he wants. I swear when i he wants attention, he will push on that center brace until i open the cage door and pet him for about 20 mins. Then he will usually calm down and go back in his hide lol. When i put him in that T8, first thing he did after exploring it was push...and push...and push some more. I guess it was a sign he wasnt happy in there.

And yeah, Gene needs to step up to the big boys with a T25 with a shelf It's funny how when i look at that first pic of Caesar when i got him, he was so tiny compared to now. I need to get a measurement because i really think he is longer than 7-8 feet. Last night when i was taking him out of the T8 and carrying him over to the tub, i had him slung over my shoulder and his head was down to my butt and his butt was down to my knee or even a little lower as i was worried about stepping on his tail lol. I miss the days when he was just a little worm that was so calm and quiet. Now he is a pushy brat sometimes that i need like 4 hands to keep up with his wanting to go a certain direction. I'm just so glad he doesnt have a temper. After the tooth on lip fiasco and seeing how sharp, big and plentiful his teeth are, it would really hurt to get bit. Heck i snagged my finger on a couple teeth and they instantly went in and i started bleeding. And that was with just a little slip. My god, if he chomped down on my hand or arm, I'd probably be spray painting the walls in blood red
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Stearns84 (03-11-2018)

Thanks
    I seen pictures of baby Caesar it was written in the stars he find you for his pampering and fabulous name he is awesome in every sense of the word thank you so much for share the journey with us I always look forward to see updates on him such a silly snek for sure
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

4. The Following User Says Thank You to C.Marie For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (03-11-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C.Marie View Post
    I seen pictures of baby Caesar it was written in the stars he find you for his pampering and fabulous name he is awesome in every sense of the word thank you so much for share the journey with us I always look forward to see updates on him such a silly snek for sure
    Thanks. I try and pamper all my snakes although Dottie and Luna do things to get stuff taken away. Dottie curls up on top of her plant and almost flattened it and i caught Luna digging and pushing the dirt out of the plant pot lol. Poor Parlor Palm almost died but i think it is making a recovery in Gina's cage. I probably will buy Dottie and Luna some fake foliage here soon so they have a little color in their cages too and something to mess with that they cant kill.

Caesar did manage to break a leaf off his plant though. All the snakes seem intrigued with organic potting soil and stuff their heads in it at least once to check it out. Caught everyone except Louie with evidence on the end of their snouts at night haha.

And i think i am making progress with Caesar's pushing. I changed his substrate back to aspen and with the live plant, he is active at night and all over the front doors but he doesnt push. He just stares out the doors and will rub up and down on them. Maybe it was the odor of stale air and moisture? I have no idea but this is serious progress!! If i can get Caesar to stop pushing like a demon, it will be a win. I dont care if he paces the front and surfs up and down the doors and cralws all over, just quit using 1/3 of your body to shake the cage stack with pushing haha.

And i still cant get over how Caesar fit in 1 hand when i got him. I never look at that first pic and i did a couple days ago and it blew me away as i see him every night and give him his rubdowns and attention. Glad the boas grow slow so i have lots of little babies to play with still or i might have had to buy another baby snake lol.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 03-11-2018 at 08:34 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (03-12-2018)

Thanks
    That's wonderful news Caesar is way to handsome to be mashing his face into things especial since there really is no need he knows dinner is coming, sorry those silly noodles are tear up their beautiful foliage but I guess that's their job and they do it well 🐍🌱 do you think you'll ever have baby Caesar's? That be too much bet he father a gorgeous clutch of noodles but don't blame you if breeding isn't in your plans or maybe Ceasars plans either lol best wishes to all your gorgeous animals I hope one day I can have a retic half as grand as Caesar 😻
    Russian Blue - Church
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

Thanks

That's wonderful news Caesar is way to handsome to be mashing his face into things especial since there really is no need he knows dinner is coming, sorry those silly noodles are tear up their beautiful foliage but I guess that's their job and they do it well 🐍🌱 do you think you'll ever have baby Caesar's? That be too much bet he father a gorgeous clutch of noodles but don't blame you if breeding isn't in your plans or maybe Ceasars plans either lol best wishes to all your gorgeous animals I hope one day I can have a retic half as grand as Caesar 😻
    Thanks for the kind words. I doubt i will ever breed any of my snakes. I know the chances are very slim but if i ended losing one of them due to breeding complications, i would be heartbroken. Weird as it sounds, all these little guys and gals are like my scaly kids. I would be heartbroken if i ever had to even sell any of them lol.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (03-13-2018),richardhind1972 (03-14-2018)

Thanks
    You know, sometimes retics arent the sharpest tool in the shed. I open Caesar's cage and lay a jumbo rat down on top of his warm hide. He flies out like a bat outta hell and cruises over to the door as i close it. He then windshield washes the door like he's starving to death while looking at me. Meanwhile there is dinner directly behind him on the hide. After about 10 mins of staring at me, windshield wiping and circling the warm hide, he finally looks on top and 'behold!!', he sees dinner. He snatches it, wraps it and eats it. Then he crawls into the warm hide and goes back to sleep lol.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Pengil (03-17-2018),richardhind1972 (03-14-2018)

Thanks
    Caesar just wanted to have a little dancing before his dinner for tonight lol , I can only image him looking at you like "Dad silver plate is missing where's my dinner?" If only every snake had someone who understand and can read their body language as well as you do thank you so much for always sharing your wisdom and witty humor 😂😊 And agree it be horrible for anything to happen when breeding Caesar probably just cruise the enclosure thinking you lost your mind like this isn't my home or my dinner what gives 😁
    Russian Blue - Church
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C.Marie For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (03-14-2018),Sauzo (03-13-2018)

Thanks
    Been awhile so here is Caesar saying 'Hello' with his big washed out head lol. I need to get a better camera than a point and click pocket camera. Caesar's head has turned more or less white so it just reflects that flash like the sun!!. You can see Vic below sneaking herself into the pic too lol.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 03-17-2018 at 01:37 AM.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (03-17-2018),Gio (03-17-2018),jmcrook (03-17-2018),Pengil (03-17-2018)

Thanks
    They are both gorgeous noodles ��, how old is Vic she looks so tiny compared to Caesar?
    Last edited by C.Marie; 03-17-2018 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Too late or early for rereading before posting lol
    Russian Blue - Church
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

17. The Following User Says Thank You to C.Marie For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (03-17-2018)

Thanks

They are both gorgeous noodles ��, how old is Vic she looks so tiny compared to Caesar?
    Thanks. Vic is 4 years old lol. She's about 6 feet. Caesar is just a goliath. For a super dwarf, he isnt much of a dwarf haha. He is even bigger than Rosey who is about 5 1/2 years old or a little more and 6.5 feet.

Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast