Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,877

0 members and 2,877 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts

Re: Personal funny reptile moments

Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    Oh, Bogertrophis I had just remembered a story from when I had a vacation in Florida years ago. My mother and I were taking a walk through a palmetto forest trail and there was a big sign on the path with some information on the wildlife that lived there. Included on it was stuff about pygmy rattlesnakes.

And quite literally right below the sign was a pygmy rattler as if the little one was presenting itself.

The giggles aside though it was neat to see a rattlesnake in the wild up close. Here in Ohio rattlers are very rare.
    That was GREAT luck! I enjoy rattlesnakes, I used to rescue & relocate them (also kept some & did programs with them) when I lived in the desert southwest. Glad you got to meet one.

Very funny coincidence, & he was probably sticking his tongue out too. Unfortunately, even the signs & rules don't stop some people from killing or harassing them in parks.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Snagrio (01-22-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts
    A new one. Had my boy Zebes out for a bit longer than usual as I had just cleaned out his enclosure and wanted to wait until temperatures stabilized (dead of winter so dismantling everything to clean was going to fluctuate the interior no matter what). I go to put him back and he was tightly wrapped around my upper arm. Tried to gently nudge him off but he wasn't feeling secure enough to move, so I had to awkwardly lower my entire arm to the bottom until he could feel the floor of the tank and release the grip on his own. In hindsight it's like he was in a cartoon where he thought he was falling from a great height and panicking, when in reality he was a couple inches from the floor.

As if that wasn't ridiculous enough, he then spent the next 5+ minutes looking around confused as to how to enter his hide, just because there were a few fake foliage leaves in the way that are always in the same place. Literally trying every approach except ducking his head low. Truly his intelligence is boundless.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (02-02-2021),nikkubus (02-04-2021)

Thanks

I feel satisfied that I can post one of my own. here we go! just now, I went to pick Beans up! and he crawled right onto my shoulder, I had my hair up in a bun so that he could properly go around my neck without having to dodge or get tangled in my hair! and he decided he would get a better view, from the bun. so he wrapped around my bun, and just sat there, resting his head on the top of my head. doing a scope of his surroundings! when I tried to get him off, he just resisted. so someone had to get him off for me! life lesson! Beans likes hair. and tall heights. and snuggles.
    Be kind, and inspire others to be kind.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeansTheDerp For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (02-02-2021),nikkubus (02-04-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoopsTheBallPython View Post
    I feel satisfied that I can post one of my own. here we go! just now, I went to pick Beans up! and he crawled right onto my shoulder, I had my hair up in a bun so that he could properly go around my neck without having to dodge or get tangled in my hair! and he decided he would get a better view, from the bun. so he wrapped around my bun, and just sat there, resting his head on the top of my head. doing a scope of his surroundings! when I tried to get him off, he just resisted. so someone had to get him off for me! life lesson! Beans likes hair. and tall heights. and snuggles.
    So you have one of the infamous "bun pythons"! Might be related (distantly) to my Aussie spotted python- I had an AWFUL time removing her from my long hair... (lesson learned!)

You could always start a thread for snake hair-dos. Snakes get very creative when it comes to hair.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

BeansTheDerp (02-02-2021),nikkubus (02-04-2021)

Thanks

another story, I am currently witnessing him trying to crawl on ceilings. I love my little stupid noodle. so curious, so derp, so stupid. he makes me think of me. I love him.
    Be kind, and inspire others to be kind.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BeansTheDerp For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (02-02-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Years ago defiantly young and dumb. I wasn't thinking and was eating chicken nuggets with my gtp out. She took it out of my hand and proceeded to "kill" it. which it just oozed out of her coils.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

BeansTheDerp (02-15-2021),Bogertophis (02-02-2021),nikkubus (02-04-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    Years ago defiantly young and dumb. I wasn't thinking and was eating chicken nuggets with my gtp out. She took it out of my hand and proceeded to "kill" it. which it just oozed out of her coils.
    Seriously? So, which of you ended up eating it?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Lol it just went in the trash, she squished it to the point of unappetizing

15. The Following User Says Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (02-02-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    I had a corn snake (the only one who wraps when eating for me) that didn't strike. I had set prey down in her tub, and she coiled it like she was cuddling it, and slowly, little by little over the course of 15 mins her coil went from being loose on the ground, to wrapping vertically around the prey. After a good 15-20 mins of this, she decided to give it a good sniff, looking like she was going to try and eat it, but she didn't let her grip loose like they usually do at this point, and then turned her head away and just stayed wrapped. About an hour later, she was still doing this, so I tried to take it away to throw out, and that movement got her excited again and she gripped it tightly, not wanting to let go. Then back to sniffing, and giving up again but remaining coiled. So I had to uncoil her from it manually to get it away from her, desperately not wanting to let go. Such a silly girl. She is usually my best eater of the corns and does what she is supposed to, and quickly.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    I had a corn snake (the only one who wraps when eating for me) that didn't strike. I had set prey down in her tub, and she coiled it like she was cuddling it, and slowly, little by little over the course of 15 mins her coil went from being loose on the ground, to wrapping vertically around the prey. After a good 15-20 mins of this, she decided to give it a good sniff, looking like she was going to try and eat it, but she didn't let her grip loose like they usually do at this point, and then turned her head away and just stayed wrapped. About an hour later, she was still doing this, so I tried to take it away to throw out, and that movement got her excited again and she gripped it tightly, not wanting to let go. Then back to sniffing, and giving up again but remaining coiled. So I had to uncoil her from it manually to get it away from her, desperately not wanting to let go. Such a silly girl. She is usually my best eater of the corns and does what she is supposed to, and quickly.
    I wish they could just tell us what they're thinking! Maybe her hesitation had to do with going into shed? I'm sure snakes can feel that before we can see it, & many avoid eating at that time. Otherwise, I dunno?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast