Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,157

1 members and 3,156 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    The closest thing she looks similar to, but that even has a few differences is a darker spinner. But she doesn't have that white flaring you were talking about, her belly is a beige-ish color with no pattern. Her stripes don't go down the sides either. She does have a few near the middle end of her body, but they are pretty faded and broken.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts

Re: My little pinstripe

Quote Originally Posted by JJpeep View Post
    I was waiting for you to chime in. You have helped me incredibly in the past. He said he bred pinstripe to pinstripe. I noticed how weird she looked, then he said many people looked at her but didn't pick her up. I was looking for a pinstripe specifically when I went to the expo. When I saw her I thought she was cool. When I got home and saw other pins photos I noticed she looked more different than I thought. Would you like to see photos of her siblings? They are in a big pile but you can tell the difference. Not sure if that would help or not.
    Certainly couldn't hurt to see the siblings. You would expect if its an incomplete dominant, ~half of them should have what it is, so it could be recessive. It doesn't look like any of the recessives I'm familiar with. I do see something on MM called "Patternless" but I have no idea how that would behave with Pinstripe, looks pretty new and expensive but you never know what's floating around in someone's lines.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-22-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    Certainly couldn't hurt to see the siblings. You would expect if its an incomplete dominant, ~half of them should have what it is, so it could be recessive. It doesn't look like any of the recessives I'm familiar with. I do see something on MM called "Patternless" but I have no idea how that would behave with Pinstripe, looks pretty new and expensive but you never know what's floating around in someone's lines.
    I'm not sure that would help seeing them then. Because the others look like normal pinstripe and one normal. I am no expert for sure. Which is why I posted on here. Because i did notice she was definitely different looking. Upon searching pinstripe that is when I totally noticed she didn't really look exactly like them. Would a belly photo and a side photo help? This is pretty interesting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JJpeep View Post
    I'm not sure that would help seeing them then. Because the others look like normal pinstripe and one normal. I am no expert for sure. Which is why I posted on here. Because i did notice she was definitely different looking. Upon searching pinstripe that is when I totally noticed she didn't really look exactly like them. Would a belly photo and a side photo help? This is pretty interesting.
    How many siblings did she have? The normal would be the most interesting to see and there is a chance I could see something very subtle in that one that got missed, and then pinstripe made it more obvious. Belly pics would be interesting to see in yours if it isn't just pure white. Side pics would probably help rule out Spider better, though I doubt it's that, and get a better look at the coloration in that lower zone, maybe see some hints in there.

Thanks
    Here is the hatch out pics. Unfortunately I have no side or belly views of them. I saw the pins in person. They looks like classic pins. My girl is in there somewhere. They are all mixed up, hopefully you get something from it though. I will take better full body pictures of her today or tomorrow in better decent light.

Last edited by JJpeep; 10-22-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks
    Hard to follow all the bodies but it looks like there are 5 total. It seems like the other Pins have more side pattern than yours but it's hard to really get a great look. I certainly can see the color difference in yours. If you ask me, that normal is pretty darn dark too and his side pattern exists, but definitely has a different look to it. 2/5 odds is as close as you can get for 50/50 in a clutch of 5. While I don't think it's Granite, it has some similar qualities.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    Hard to follow all the bodies but it looks like there are 5 total. It seems like the other Pins have more side pattern than yours but it's hard to really get a great look. I certainly can see the color difference in yours. If you ask me, that normal is pretty darn dark too and his side pattern exists, but definitely has a different look to it. 2/5 odds is as close as you can get for 50/50 in a clutch of 5. While I don't think it's Granite, it has some similar qualities.
    Wow okay. Thank you for a the replies first of all. Glad I chose to put up the photo then. You were able to determine the normal is dark as well. Hmmm. Not sure we could ever get a definitive answer I guess but I really appreciate the help. I am going to get a few better photos up either tonight or tomorrow. Maybe it will help you see something else. I wonder if I should contact the breeder and ask him. He actually didn't seem to know why she looked so different. He just told me yesterday that he was interested to see what she is going to look like in the future and he thought she was unique compared to the siblings. He said she may get more gold as she ages but he isn't quite sure. When we talked in person and I went to pick her right away he said, "she is really interesting look at her pattern, it is quite different". So my suspicion is, if he knew there was something floating around in the gene pool, I am thinking he would have mentioned it. Instead he said he was curious as to what she will look like. I'll be adding photos later on for you. Again, thanks for all the help.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JJpeep For This Useful Post:

AutumnVanilla (10-23-2021)

Thanks
    If you talk to him again you might as if he got both parents as hatchlings or one was already pretty grown where he might have missed the color difference easier, and maybe if one has really reduced pattern like yours.

Thanks

Okay, bare with me as I do not know how to copy and paste multiple photos in one reply. I'll try to explain every photo too.
    I lightened her color in this photo a little so you can get a good look at how the narrow bands that normally go down vertical on a normal pinstripe, she lacks. I focused on the area of her body where the only bands she posses. The rest of the body lacks those small vertical bands or stripes. You can also see they are pretty broken up as well as black bands that border her gold dorsal stripe.

Thanks

The only other stripes down the sides of her body present are two faded horizontal stripes, parallel to the border of her dorsal. On both sides of her neck. The stop right where the body starts to get chunkier passed the neck area.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast