Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,956

3 members and 2,953 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what is it?

Thanks

what is it?

hey everyone so here is the story on my little girl.

I had been shopping for a while looking at different morphs on the net (still cant identify a morph except for the obvious - pied, luci, spider). and i had seen a few i liked citrus desert butter and citrus desert pastel. so upon looking around at local pet stores i began talking to the snake guy at the best spot telling him about my internet adventures and the two morphs i really liked. well he informs me that they got a few snakes in as normals but he believed to be something more. so i took a look at a few including the one that would eventually come home and they def. did not look like normals, but since they were sold to the store as a normal that was the asking price. i told him that i wanted a female and the one that i was looking at had not been probed yet so i was happy to wait. ffwd to a week later and im told that it is indeed a female (yay!!!!) and in the process of a little more rag chew come to find out that the vendor had called and asked them if they got a shipment of normals that didnt look . . . well . . .normal and that there was a mistake made and that they are either citrus leopard or citrus tiger and that they wanted 150 or 200 or something like that and my pet store said pound sand (sweet!). so after some looking around i dont think she is a citrus tiger and she is close to a citrus leopard but she doesnt have as much black. the closest i found on the net to what mine looks like is a plain citrus or maybe a citrus pastel.

so here are some pics of her, maybe you folks can tell me

Thanks

Re: what is it?

I can tell you for sure that it's not leopard anything. It looks either a normal or low quality pastel to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thanks

yeah and thats why im confused cause we compared her to a known baby normal and her colors are brighter and the pattern is very different. and the supplier said citrus - something

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Normal, no citrus, no leopard, no pastel just Normal.

They vary greatly from reduced to bus patter, from dark to light, from clean belly to busy belly, blush to no blush etc
    Deborah Stewart

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Dezoruba (02-15-2017),Foschi Exotic Serpents (04-17-2017)

Thanks
    Just a nice normal. I like the orange on her sides.
    ~ Ball Pythons - Rosy Boas - - Western Hognose Snakes - Mexican Black Kingsnakes - Corn Snakes ~

Check me out on iHerp, Instagram, & visit my store!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to the_rotten1 For This Useful Post:

Dezoruba (02-15-2017)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chappy4o View Post
    hey everyone so here is the story on my little girl.

I had been shopping for a while looking at different morphs on the net (still cant identify a morph except for the obvious - pied, luci, spider). and i had seen a few i liked citrus desert butter and citrus desert pastel. so upon looking around at local pet stores i began talking to the snake guy at the best spot telling him about my internet adventures and the two morphs i really liked. well he informs me that they got a few snakes in as normals but he believed to be something more. so i took a look at a few including the one that would eventually come home and they def. did not look like normals, but since they were sold to the store as a normal that was the asking price. i told him that i wanted a female and the one that i was looking at had not been probed yet so i was happy to wait. ffwd to a week later and im told that it is indeed a female (yay!!!!) and in the process of a little more rag chew come to find out that the vendor had called and asked them if they got a shipment of normals that didnt look . . . well . . .normal and that there was a mistake made and that they are either citrus leopard or citrus tiger and that they wanted 150 or 200 or something like that and my pet store said pound sand (sweet!). so after some looking around i dont think she is a citrus tiger and she is close to a citrus leopard but she doesnt have as much black. the closest i found on the net to what mine looks like is a plain citrus or maybe a citrus pastel.

so here are some pics of her, maybe you folks can tell me

Great color no matter what she is... There are some dingy Normals out there and she aint one
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    I'm not very good with subtle morphs either. This yellowbelly looks perfectly normal to me LOL. Someday I'd like to get an Ivory (super yellow belly) and compare his offspring to my normal.

Thanks

what's the snake underneath that one with the cool pattern on the back?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Anybody think possibly Vanilla or Fire?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Anybody think possibly Vanilla or Fire?
    I wouldn't think fire or vanilla. The color and pattern aren't right, and there's not enough fading and blushing going on. The reduced pattern within the alien heads is reminiscent of the two genes though.

I personally think she's a normal, possibly a yellowbelly. Would need more belly photos to confirm or dismiss that possibility though. She's gorgeous either way, very rich colors.

EDIT: scratch that, just took a better look at her photos, no yellowbelly.
    Last edited by Trisnake; 02-15-2017 at 04:20 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trisnake For This Useful Post:

Dezoruba (02-15-2017),PokeyTheNinja (02-15-2017)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast