Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,595

1 members and 1,594 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Reptile basics cages?

I just noticed they have their cages back up for sale and I like how they come assembled LOL. (Assembly is a big thing for me, because I am slow at it)

Does anyone know what color the LED lights that come with reptilebasics cages are? And are they good quality and bright like animalplastics and pvccages LED's?

And is the pvc they use just as light-weight? How is the quality of their cages overall?
    Last edited by redshepherd; 08-07-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks

Re: Reptile basics cages?

I have a 2'x3''x12" RBI viv. The LEDs are white and very bright. The PVC is lightweight. The fit is excellent.

My only criticism is that the cuts on the plexiglass door were a little rough. I hit mine with some 120 grit sandpaper to smooth out the edges.

My viv came assembled and the packaging was excellent. Even so, one side panel was damaged in shipping. I asked them to send me a new panel rather than replace the entire viv. It came in two days with new screws and the square bit I needed for them. Replacing the side panel took less than 10 minutes.

I used their UTH and their 80 watt RHP. Both have worked flawlessly. A Herpstat 6 controls everything. I was a little nervous about the adhesive tape on the UTH, so I added Gorilla Tape around the outside of the RHP as well.

We added a little Ultramel girl a few months ago who is growing fast. In the near future she'll be moving into our next RBI viv.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to larryd23 For This Useful Post:

redshepherd (08-07-2018)

Thanks
    I wonder how often the assembled cages get damaged during shipping, dang. That would be very disappointing to me, but I'm glad they sent another panel free of charge!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    I wonder how often the assembled cages get damaged during shipping, dang. That would be very disappointing to me, but I'm glad they sent another panel free of charge!
    I had purchased two RHPs what were nicely bubble wrapped and shipped inside the viv. I suspect that UPS dropped the viv and the weight of the RHPs hitting the side panel is what caused the damage. The damage was minor and, as I said, the folks at RBI were great about it. And I forgot to mention before but they also gave me a $25 credit for my trouble.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to larryd23 For This Useful Post:

redshepherd (08-08-2018)

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Any cage can get damaged in shipping sadly, fully assembled (one piece) boaphiles have arrived with multiple dinged/crushed corners (still usable but stacking pins don't fit), one arrived with a crack (Jeff sent replacement cage), un-assembled, flat packed Animal Plastics cages have arrived with crushed corners (Ali sent replacement panels). Sad it happens so often but most cage manufacturers are aware and will send replacement parts.
    Good luck!!
    For the Horde!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

redshepherd (08-08-2018)

Thanks

I just noticed they have their cages back up for sale and I like how they come assembled LOL. (Assembly is a big thing for me, because I am slow at it)

Does anyone know what color the LED lights that come with reptilebasics cages are? And are they good quality and bright like animalplastics and pvccages LED's?

And is the pvc they use just as light-weight? How is the quality of their cages overall?
    I know this is off topic but what ball python morph is that in your signature poicture? So pretty
    Proud owner of a Black Pastel Mojave baby boy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri Indigo View Post
    I know this is off topic but what ball python morph is that in your signature poicture? So pretty
    Thanks, she's my super pastel cinnamon! And possible het pied, which I always mention since she looks strange for just a sterling. That was her when she was around 300g or so.

Thanks
    I just bought two cages for my ball pythons! Yay. I decided I want to put Yukon and Drizzle on display instead of in my rack. It also stacks perfectly aligned next to Pixie's currently cage (which is 3x2x2, so I got 3x2x1 for the ball pythons), so it'll be a nice looking stack!
    Last edited by redshepherd; 08-08-2018 at 11:34 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

larryd23 (08-09-2018)

Thanks

Thanks, she's my super pastel cinnamon! And possible het pied, which I always mention since she looks strange for just a sterling. That was her when she was around 300g or so.
    wow she’s beautiful! Thank you for answering you have a beautiful girl ��

I thought she was a sterling fire or something idk she’s perfect though
    Last edited by Zuri Indigo; 08-10-2018 at 12:21 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zuri Indigo For This Useful Post:

redshepherd (08-10-2018)

Thanks

I just bought two cages for my ball pythons! Yay. I decided I want to put Yukon and Drizzle on display instead of in my rack. It also stacks perfectly aligned next to Pixie's currently cage (which is 3x2x2, so I got 3x2x1 for the ball pythons), so it'll be a nice looking stack!
    I wish I would had went with a 3x2x1 I got a 4x2x15in and space wize I’m regretting it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast