Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,805

1 members and 2,804 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Threads have been merged
    Deborah Stewart

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (12-08-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Re: Bright baby colors

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi2950 View Post
    I looked for Desert Ghost on Morph Market but sadly they are out of our price range. Just want a piece of eye candy as a pet..
    Considering a Firefly at this point. I do like Orange Dream but not sure if they may brown out as adults.
    In my defense, you asked for the best, not the best price lol. But in all seriousness, you're getting a pet that will be a hatchling for maybe a few months and an adult for many many years, imo it's definitely worth saving for the extra time it takes to get two to three times as much as you have now so that you can get a pet you'll be happy with for the entire life rather than just the first few months. I understand budget but pastel DG has come down to actually be affordable in just the last year or two, if you shop around you could find a male for $300-$400 and just a couple years ago you couldn't touch one for less than $1000. They are well worth the extra couple hundred vs a firefly. Fireflys are nice and everyone has their own budget but I made the same mistake when I first started and bought 'good deals' but as I learned how they change, all those cheap snakes I've had to sell because they were not what I wanted as an adult that I could potentially have for 30 years. Now my DG stuff I will love to look at for the many years I will have them. I just think it's something to consider especially if you only plan to have one, get one you will love the looks of for it's long life and just take the little time to save for it.

Thanks

Thank you so much for the advice. I have decided to increase my budget andget what we really would like. Your logic struck home. It is really about the long term. My husband and daughter really like Pieds the most. I do as well. We found a really nice one but was told she is currently a bee-
    atch!! Don't they usually out grow that?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jodi2950 For This Useful Post:

rufretic (12-08-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi2950 View Post
    Thank you so much for the advice. I have decided to increase my budget andget what we really would like. Your logic struck home. It is really about the long term. My husband and daughter really like Pieds the most. I do as well. We found a really nice one but was told she is currently a bee-
    atch!! Don't they usually out grow that?

Glad to hear, I think you'll be much happier in the long run. Pied are also a great choice for something that looks amazing as an adult. They may not be as bright as DG because the darker pattern typically still darkens as an adult but because the pure white stays pure white, the contrast remains and they are absolutely stunning throughout their life.

As far as a bp out growing the aggressiveness, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Some just have an attitude but it's rare. I have 50 plus and none of mine are currently biters but I did have a nasty little banana and he never outgrew it even as an adult I had to sell him as a breeder, not a pet. 99% of them have great temperaments though, all of my hatchlings have been great from the time they pipped out of the egg, never biting me even once yet. I've been lucky but there really just isn't that many aggressive bps. Imo a bitey bp is usually an unhappy bp because of husbandry or being super hungry, but there is the small chance it could just have a bad attitude.

Pieds are common enough, for a pet, I would do yourself a favor and wait to get one that is nice from the get go.

Good luck finding your new pet

Thanks

I am really happy with my Pastel Calico.

She’s coming up on 1000g and 2 years old and is still as bright and beautiful as when I got her at 250g

Now:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1.0 Enchi Mojave Spinner - Sunny
    0.1 Pastel Calico - Calliope
    1.0 Black Pastel Bamboo (het Ultramel) - Baron
    0.1 Ultramel - Lily
    1.0 Champagne Lesser - Flare
    0.1 Black Head Black Pastel Ringer Gene (possible het Ghost) - Neera
    0.1 GHI Mojave Vanilla (possible het Ghost) - Ember

0.1 Super Black Russian Sand Boa - Nyx
    0.1 Tiger Anery Sand Boa - Cleo
    0.1 Normal Sand Boa (DH Albino/Paint) - Kiva